Author Topic: MARS Fundraiser  (Read 18540 times)

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
MARS Fundraiser
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
MARS FUNDRAISER
November 9 - 19, 2011

The Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society (MARS) is in serious need of operating funds in order to stay open and save wildlife.  They are down to just two months of what is needed to continue to function.

MARS is the wonderful rehab center that treated, saved and released a number of Hornby Island eaglets.  They also cared for a seal pup that was found on a Hornby beach in distress and helped by our H.E.A.R.T. Team.  We came to know and love these birds and Oriole, the seal, and it is important for MARS to be there to continue to care for rescued birds and animals.

The trained MARS rehab staff, interns and volunteers have taken in and treated many bald eagles and other birds.  They have helped orphaned fawns and injured animals from the Comox Valley and beyond.  We want to help them continue to do what they do so well...help wildlife.

Wildlife Artist Mary Jane Harman has donated an Eagle Spirit Rock and an Eagle Suncatcher in the hopes of generating donations to assist MARS.

Instead of offering these two pieces on eBay, it was suggested that we all pool our money together as a fundraiser and then gift the items to Maj at MARS as a special surprise.

This is similar to what we did a few months ago for another fundraiser - and it worked out great!  ALL monies donated will be sent to MARS.

Please help us help MARS.  You can send your donations to HEGPS - either through PayPal using the Donate link in our website http://www.hornbyeagles.com/support.htm or mailing checks to:

Hornby Eagle Group Projects Society
P O Box 1941
Parksville, B.C., V9P 2H7
Canada.

Please specify "MARS" when contributing.

Please note:  

We will keep your name, address and email address confidential. They will not be traded or sold to others.

Participating in the fundraising pool will not qualify for tax deductions.  If you wish to receive tax receipts, please donate directly to MARS.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:53:30 AM by passerine »

Offline Valleybirds

Re: MARS Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:38:37 AM »
Wow, you are all such incredible and wonderful people!! :eclove :eclove

Offline RMB

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
Another way we can help MARS raise funds is to send our handcrafted items to them at Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society

6817 Headquarters Rd, Courtenay, BC V9J 1N2. 250-337-2021

for sale in their Christmas Craft Sales!

I sent a box with a knitted eagle, a bear, and some little denim bags, after asking at the MARS website, and they were thrilled and grateful to receive them!

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
I will be posting updates to the progress on the fundraiser.

WOW  $160.  received via PayPal already, and it is just the first morning... you all are fantastic - thank you so much.

Offline peppy7

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »
I already donated through Wingtips. org, but although I used PayPal, I had to go through Canada Helps, which costs an extra $5.00 donation.
But I am donating a smaller amount here as a member of the Hornby Chat fans. Hope we do well.
Peppy

Offline peppy7

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
P.S. Didn't find a place to put that it was for MARS. I hope it goes to the right place.
Peppy

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 06:19:39 PM »
Thanks peppy. I am sure with your note here, that your donation will get to MARS.  :ecsmile

Edited to add:  anyone else who finds they weren't able to mark it for MARS could send a PM to any HEGPS member if you don't wish to post that info here. They will pass the info on.
beth
from California

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
Mary Jane,

The Eagle Spirit Rock and Eagle Suncatcher are wonderful. You are so generous with your art.

I do hope that we will be able to help MARS with some funds.

For those making a donation via PayPal; when you are down to almost the last step in the process - on the left hand side there is a spot which I think says 'Note or Message' (under the line stating 'Hornby Eagle Group Projects Society'. 
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Sunny

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
Will be donating...but via check....on its way after payday Friday
Sunny/Prideenjoy

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
Total is now up to $185.00   :biggrin6  Peppy, yes we know it is for the MARS fundraiser, thank you.

We will report on the amounts that come in by checks too, as soon as we get them  :-) 

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Just sent donation Mary Jane

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 01:29:32 AM »
thanks donnae - it came through great

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »
Don't forget to check this beautiful print on canvas by Caliwatcher http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=989.0 the proceeds are also going to MARS. :ecsmile

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:57 AM »
Whoohoo .... Total is --$385.00 this morning!!  :eclove

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
Wonderful group of MARS supporters!!!   :thumbup:   :s*
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir