Author Topic: Just Chat  (Read 238866 times)

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Just Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 09:51:52 AM »
BBE,

You write so expressively.  It is as if I am there, but will be just happy as can be to miss the real time rat burning incident.  Bless the rat and his family...

Glad you are warm and safe.

Rajame  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Thanks for your empathy.  No misadventures today. We had a warmer day (weather-wise) and rain.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
A belated happy new year to everyone. I hope that you all had a good holiday and will have a happy and good year ahead.

Just to let you know I am back from my jaunt to be with family over Christmas.  It was lovely to spend time with family members (we are scattered across this country and one family in CA; who couldn't join us). My two great nieces kept us on our toes and are a delight.  We were in Edmonton - so cold, dry, sunny and bright blue sky. 

A couple of days as well after Christmas in Jasper.  I hadn't been there for about 20 years.  And never in the winter. The Rocky Mtns. were spectacular and the Columbia Icefield has certainly receded.  Hardly any cars on the road.  We truly felt like mere specks in the grandure and silence.

Unfortunately 4 of the 7 of us (including me) were laid low for a varying number of days with a tummy bug. Then a kind soul shared their beginnings of a cold with me. Am currently about 90% and taking it easy.   

And yes - 'the other shoe dropped' late last evening when the frame for my glasses cracked. I have been babying one side until after scheduled eye surgery.  Today's project, to round up a pair of readers. Too bad the ready made ones don't come with my needs.  Can you say 'Ka-ching, Ka-ching'   :eclol

So, I won't be here much until I have a new pair of reading glasses at hand.  I am up at this early hour as I napped for 2 hours after the 11 pm local news.  Now, before 'beans' catches me it is   :offtobed    :ecwink
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »
Welcome back, BBE. You have been missed by all. Sounds as if your holidays, in general, were very pleasant. The unfortunate aspects of winter time get togethers are often some "bug" sharing. And then your glasses. :ecsad I just hope that the good memories outweigh the not so good ones.

There is a lot to catch up on here. Hopefully you can come up with readers to help. I know that you must be very anxious to get your eye surgery behind you. Just in time for the new eaglet season!

:heart

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
It's nice to "see" you here with us again, safely at home, BBE.  I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your glasses and hope that gets worked out okay soon.  It's nice to be with family, even with tummy bugs!  That's not what is meant by 'sharing is good with family and friends,' though!   :ecnono

Take care and get back to 100% so you can enjoy the new year!   :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
Nice to see you back BBE but I hope your feeling better and your get your glasses soon so you can join us!!! In the meantime take care of yourself and Happy New Year to you too!!!   :heart

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
Welcome home BBE. :eclove

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 12:10:06 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome back and empathy re glasses. Good news usually follows the bad.  The eye glass company I deal with has jerry-rigged my glasses. I called the eye doctors office ( a large group) and explained the problem. I am to see my chap next week who will re-check my eyes (as 6 mos. since l last check) and give me a Rx for reading glasses. I know my vision is worse. Hopefully he agrees. One can but hope that he might chat with his colleague who is doing the op (and perhaps I will be moved up ??)  If not I will try to hang onto the pair of glasses I have and not spend $$ on a pair for a limited use.

Onward and upward - at least I can see.

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 07:26:31 AM »
Good news BBE!!
i sure hope this all works out for you soon!
You need to be able to see properly!
Glad to have you back.
wooohoooo!

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »
I don't know if anyone here besides me spends any time on the Hancock Forum. I go there as the 'African Wildlife' sub forum resides there. 

Due to changes in the software and how the current sub forums are set up will see some re-design. The changes are in progress and the move to the new forum will be sooner than later.  As I understand it (from the lady who takes care of the African Wildlife area; the current sub-forums for the eagles, African Wildlife, etc. etc. are being relocated to the new forum (some with difficulty, due to new software). They will at some point be locked and eventually become 'read only'.

The move to the new software and redesign of the forum is well underway and specific people are testing it.  The formal move will likely be completed sooner than later. Here is the link to a post on Mon. Jan 11 with information.

http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.org/viewtopic.php?p=701164#p701164

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »
Help!  Those of you who have YouTube accounts, please sign in and flag this video for ANIMAL ABUSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJBPUHgug3E

click on the flag under the video
under "select a reason" choose violent or repulsive content
then scroll to the right to "animal abuse"

Jean, California

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »
Oh I just couldn't watch much of that!!  I flagged it, thank you for pointing it out beans.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »
I flagged it beans.  I didn't watch it - just took your (reliable) word for it.  Thanks.

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
Ditto what Blue said.   Hopefully it will be removed.

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »
I didn't have a YT account...I do now! And I have flagged it also.    :ecnono