Author Topic: Just Chat  (Read 217170 times)

Offline Chipadee

Re: Just Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
I want to change my avatar from the one I have on the 'other' site but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet.  I'll try to work on something later in the month when I get back home although I'm not to brilliant in this area. :puzzled2

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
Chipadee,

Nice to see you here!

Ask me for help if you need it when you are ready.  An avatar can be an area cropped out of a bigger picture or a big picture reduced in size.

BBE,

Nice to see your avatar looking festive.  :nod2
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 01:08:05 AM »
Blue, thanks for the kind comments about festive avatar.  Yours and passerine's are all decorated too and look great. I almost called upon you for your expertise. However doing the cut or copy and paste with 'Paint' in Vista is a whole lot easier than with Windows XP.

On the 'Season's Greetings' thread you, beans and Laurad mentioned Putfiles (now no longer), Photobucket and Flickr.  I had the following posted in reply and realized it was off topic - so have moved it to here.

Blue and others who use Photobucket (PB); it has undergone a change in format in the past few days.  I haven't had the patience as yet to work out what the changes are. At a quick glance it appears one might be able to make 'collections'. But if I move all three years of Djuma/Wildearth into one - I have the feeling the links to posted images will break.

Blue, I recall you mentioning a problem with videos using PB. Have you looked at their tutorials? or if you contact them they are very good at getting back to you with answers.  

Flickr free account is two videos a month.  I decided to use Flickr for the Hornbys. As I will be doing some short videos, I have purchased the pro Account.

Putfiles - I don't have the time before I go away, but in earl 2010 I will check my CDs - as I may have some of 'Sound Guys' videos on one of them - but will they play??
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Ann.  I am not doing anything wrong.  My videos upload just fine.  When I post them, others can play them.  I can't play them though or anyone else's PB videos.

How do you contact Photobucket.  I cannot see anywhere to do that with my free account.  

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »
Blue,

With a pro Account this is the address   http://photobucket.com/about/contact-us    from the bottom of the page after i sign in.  If it isn't there on the free account; send me the details and I could ask for you.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
I can access that page also, BBE.  The only contact form is for Press Enquiries so I filled it out.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »

Offline Anne

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
I hear the locals talk about the Hornby Island Co-Op so I looked up their website and found a photo from 1965. It was in black and white but I just had to turn it into a sepia image!

And the link to their website:  http://www.hornbyislandcoop.ca/

...A full feature grocery store,deli, hardware,gas bar,liquor outlet and post office etc.........

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
That is an old photo, Anne.  It is now surrounded by other shops and coffee shops with outdoor eating areas.

That looks like an old gas pump there.

Offline Anne

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »
Thanks Blue. Maybe Booni can take a photo as it is today .

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »
There is a picture of the Co-op on the hornbyeagles.com website:

http://hornbyeagles.com/hornbyisland.htm
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »
Welcome 'fol-di-rol'.  Love the name, I am sure thee is a story behind it  :question  Love the Welsh Cake recipe -will try it.

Roam around and learn what we have have here. Ask any questions you like, we will answer. Maybe step into the Let's get Acquainted Thread and learn a little about those of us here, and maybe tell us a little about yourself  :question

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:21 AM »
 :sorry  I've not been around today. The strata complex I live in had no power, heat, elevator (luckily only 3 floors) etc. from 8:15 am - 6 pm.  I spent the day with various friends; which was rather neat to do and catch up.

Now warmed up and my hot water tank has done its job. All the electricals have been re-set and the computer scanned before doing anything else on it.

The cause, you :question   One large rodent found its way in from the cold to our main hydro vault. Toasted  itself to oblivion (or the hot place below  :chuckle) and in the process blew all three fuses.  Our building was built in 1979; so hard to find the fuses we needed. We did have one spare; but needed two more ($750 - $1,000 Cdn each). And we should have three on hand.

And ~ ~ ~ it started to snow around 4:30 pm.

:pray  no more misadventures.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 12:31:05 AM »
Ooooooooooooh, BBE.  It's good to know that you're okay and spent the day with friends, given the circumstances.  ((Hug))
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
Wow BBE!
Quite the adventure of a day!
wooohoooo!