Author Topic: Fishing Line  (Read 45157 times)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Fishing Line
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51:33 AM »
Beans, can you see about getting permission for us to use a heron or pelican image from IBBRC?
We don't have eagles at our beach marina, so a heron or pelican would be better.

However, in Ojai, there is a new ( first) pair at Lake Casitas, so the bald eagle ones should be great there!

Everybody put on your thinking caps and think what possibilities are in your area... Fishing tackle stores, marinas, places where fishing licenses are sold. Any place near water that might place a poster.

We need to come up with a poster for the non fisherman to look for fishing line and plastics to save a life.

How about FIND THE LINE

FISHING LINE KILLS...etc
beth
from California

Offline teros7776

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
Those poster suggested are great especially Mind Your Line.  We need to keep it SIMPLE so they get the message with just a glance, not have to read a lot of information.  Posted at Marinas, Public and Private boat docking places, where fishermen put their boats in the water.  

I live at a marina, over 150 boats and a public docking station, where many other boats come and go.  We need to have them laminated or printed on plastic that will not be damaged by wind and rain.  In the US every year they have a River Sweep day where volunteers clean the banks of inland waterways.  It could be made part of the advertisement for volunteers to be sure and pick up fishing line, hooks and lead sinkers when they clean the banks.

Just some thoughts....

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
Great ideas Teros! I was looking on line at signs and found some outdoor ones with frames that weren't that expensive, imo.

If we found a site that has many locations, the signs could be ordered from the local person and not have shipping be an issue. The images could be at the site or sent to the local person putting them up. How does that sound?

Teros, can you print out an image from post # 17 or # 20 and approach the marina harbor master for permission?
beth
from California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
Also, we need to figure out who to approach for the waterway clean ups to ask them to use the images.

I think every area has these clean ups at least annually.

For other countries, we can have them printed up in their language. Perhaps tweaked to fit their language better. This is a world wide problem!
beth
from California

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »
 :biggrin3 You can move Mountains!! this is a great idea!
 :thumbup:

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
Kristy and Teros: let us know if you are not able to print out the images from here.  If you can't, we'll figure out another way.   :ecwink

Anyone else needing help on this, let us know.
beth
from California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
Jean, California

Offline Kristy

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
I am able to print the posters but they turn out too small... As small as the photo in the post. Should I save the photo first and then try and print? We will definitely need to make them bigger.
A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song.  ~Chinese Proverb

Offline cakiepie

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »
Perhaps one day...a small handout can be issued with every fishing license bought. A great introduction to the new and the young fishermen.

Lots of kids need to do Senior Projects for school and I think this would be a wonderful idea for a scout looking for an Eagle Scout project.

We have seen individual kids do some wonderful things...some of them gaining nationwide participation.
Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.      Lao Tzu

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
I'm thinking we need to make a separate thread for the poster images that are ready to down load.  Before we make them available we need to be sure we have permission to use the image.  I'm thinking that for Booni's photos we need to add ©Boonibarb 2011 at the bottom of the image.  We probably need to add the © information for all of the images.

Once we have this information for sure, I would be willing to download it and put it in photoshop and adjust the image size.  I am pretty sure Booni will allow us to use the original image for any of the photos she gives us permission to use.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »

This is the largest size I can upload to PB
Jean, California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
That is gorgeous beans. Who do we add for copyright?  Who is the one from # 17?

We need to add copyrights for each one. 
beth
from California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »
Those are good site.s  Glad AJ found it.

Just this morning I read a book to first grade class where I volunteer.  It was about a sea turtle.  There is an illustration of her eating a plastic bag, which she thought was a squid. 

click:  Tammy Turtle - A Tale of Saving Sea Turtles
Jean, California

Offline Mary Jane

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
    • HarmanArt
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 02:07:32 PM »
Black and white???

Young Pelican by MaryJaneH, on Flickr