Author Topic: Oostburg Elementary School , Wisconsin - 3rd grade  (Read 19547 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Oostburg Elementary School , Wisconsin - 3rd grade
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
Notice to all students and parents from the Our Nature Zone forum team:

We encourage parents to register on the forum, using their own screen names so they can post their child's questions on the class thread during summer vacation, and include the student's initials with the question.

Our Nature Zone Forum link:

To register:

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php  

Your class link:

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=795.new#new  

Please feel free to contact me or the other HEGPS members if you have questions.

We've enjoyed having you be a part of our Hornby Eagles family.   :thumbup:

Have fun watching the eagles and have a wonderful summer vacation!   :heart

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline jp1933

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »
I can't thank you all enough for the responses to the questions from our class.  I will continue to post during the summer if I can.  The kids will hopefully get to post some questions themselves but I didn't get the info to them before school let out but i plan to be writing to them during the summer.

I plan to begin the lessons in September with my new class so we have more time to learn...my class this year found the eagle lessons to be the most interesting of the year.  How great that is!

Thanks again.  Mrs. P

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
Thank you Mrs. P. It is such a pleasure to watch as students become "learners." For some, Wildlife teaches what cannot be spoken, but lives in our hearts. :hearts2
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Faithyv

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
As a fellow Eagle Watcher - not an expert, and not an educator I want to thank the teachers who come here.  Some of the best information and education I get at this site - Can befound in these threads - I truly learn so much more here.

Many of the questions I see posted - are ones that may not have occured to me - but they are insightful - and their answers revealing.

I Thank All - Teacher's, Students & Moderators (esp AJL)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »
Rajame and Faithy, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our special forum teacher and student participation here. We ALL are learning together!  And there is so much more to learn!  :thumbup:   :eclove

We owe so much to our excellent instructor, Ajl, for sharing her expertise and time with us.   :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline jp1933

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »
I am unable to get to the website with the eagle cam on.  I have looked before but I am not sure why I can't find it.  Please advise!

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 06:36:43 PM »
jp, unfortunately, Doug Carrick has decided not to continue streaming the Hornby cam this season.

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
We currently are showing two cams we have embedded however. The Australian Sea Eagle and the Decorah eagle nest.  This is the link to that. And we are looking into streaming a cam, but the details have not been worked out yet.

http://www.hornbyeagles.com/2cams_Dec_Syd.htm
beth
from California