Author Topic: Bald Eagles of Pardee Reservoir  (Read 42382 times)

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
Bald Eagles of Pardee Reservoir
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »
News 10's California Postcard with Jonathan Mum aired last night when I went to their links it has posted a link to the Hornby Eagles!
http://www.news10.net/life/entertainment/story.aspx?storyid=70702&catid=34
click onto the blue Hornby Eagles takes you right to the cam :-)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:28:29 PM by Blue »

Offline madrona

• HEGPS
Re: Bald Eagles of Pardee Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »
Thanks so much for posting this!  The video was very interesting - and nice to see you too, Stacy!  It looks like a lovely area.  And it's great that there's a link to our Hornby eagles too.   :heart
   Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to
      rather than what we are separate from. - Terry Tempest Williams

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Bald Eagles of Pardee Resevior
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
Oh that was a great report.  Good to see you!  Thank you.
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
What a lovely area, so full of wildlife.  Really enjoyed the video and seeing you there too.

I am glad you started a thread for your eagles.  Now you can keep us updated on their activities.   :thumbsup
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
Have to admit i've watched the coverage at least a half a dozen times, so rich in wildlife. Cali please tell me you have some Golden eagle pictures to share, the odds of finding a Golden eagle nest here on VI are pretty slim, lucky you. Do you have a good viewing spot from land for the Bald, Osprey & Goldens?

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »
That was a great report and you looked and sounded great, Stacy!  Thanks for sharing it with us! Impressive lens on that cam...carrying it much be really something!  Worth doing it, though.   :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »
There is a link on the page for photo gallery that has 6 pics by Stacey Hebrand of that day. :)

http://www.news10.net/slideshows/gallery.aspx?slideshowname=California_Postcard_-_Pardee_Reservoir
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 02:43:25 AM »
EMC, thanks for posting the link.  The photos Stacey took and the video from the station are wonderful ways to share what is happening with the Bald Eagles in California. 

I hope that more of our Hornby extended family will share their photos and stories with us, as we continue to develop and grow the Eagles of Hornby as a major website for the eagles and other wildlife in the future.

It amazes me how quickly everything is coming together and how good it all looks and feels!   There is a very good reason for that.  >>>>>  :grouphug2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline cercis

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
That is a wonderful report, Cali.  I hate to say anything negative, but when I clicked on the link it took me to Google search.  The 'n' was missing from Hornby so it didn't go to the site.  If this link is going to remain on their page we should ask them to correct it.
--- suzi ---

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
That's really weird Cercis. I checked it out first thing and went to our cam site. And just now again.  Is that the link you are speaking of?
beth
from California

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
 Cali, I just watched the video again. So many birds seen in such a short time. Truly beautiful and amazing. What a great day you had.

Ann
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »
That video is absolutely wonderful. I have watched it more than once and it seems to get better each time.

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 06:29:14 AM »
That is a wonderful report, Cali.  I hate to say anything negative, but when I clicked on the link it took me to Google search.  The 'n' was missing from Hornby so it didn't go to the site.  If this link is going to remain on their page we should ask them to correct it.

Cercis, I believe Stacey was aware of the bad link and may have already had them correct it.  :puzzled2  I was able to get to our site thru their link. Great opportunity for Stacey and a wonderful photos as always.

Offline cercis

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 10:27:57 AM »
I needed a picture to help me explain.   :biggrin3  Click on the thumbnail.  The link I have circled in red is the one that doesn't work for me.  The one after it does take me to the cam, but this one goes to "www.horbyeagles.com", and it is intended to go to our website home page.

All the other links work fine.  If they are leaving the link up for others who will visit this page then it needs to be fixed.  It is a wonderful page and I really enjoyed going through it.

--- suzi ---

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
Cercis,
 I noticed that as well and emailed Jonathan Mumm. He emailed back yesterday thant it would be corrected "Good heads up"! :ecsmile