Author Topic: Decorah Eagle Cam  (Read 370485 times)

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
Re: Decorah Eagle Cam
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
Great pictures, Dizzymom! Look at the little egg tooth shining there  :eclove

Blackster, thanks for the terrific videos - talk about fresh out of the shell (the first one).

I see that the cam is offline now, at Ustream ... an alternate is posted but I can;t get that one either, at the moment   http://birdcam.xcelenergy.com/eagle.html

Offline blackster1

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »
I did not get a chance to video the feeding as the cam went down.  Hopefully it is running in the near future.  Thanks for your kind words.

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 10:57:42 AM »
Video posted on the Ustream home page (labeled "24 hour collage of first egg pip and hatch")

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_pme0dPhs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_pme0dPhs</a>

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Thanks Blackster for saying there was a feeding.  Thought there should have been.

I was wondering how Ustream was managing the numbers that have been watching this cam. 46,250 last night 11pm pacific time. And 150,000 today, I think.

Have there been many pauses, freezes, stops and down?
beth
from California

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
emc, I don't know about the feeding that Blackster mentioned, but there was one about half an hour ago - the little one got a couple of bites of rabbit.

The cam stream has been very steady, except for a while earlier today when the whole thing went down for (I am not sure how long - maybe an hour?)

Offline blackster1

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pegITOCRFII" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pegITOCRFII</a>

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Thanks Blackster, your patience paid off.  :ecsmile. The parent finally moved to the side and we could see the chick receive morsels. :eclove
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
I was fortunate to watch the first feeding (live) of the cute newly-hatched chick.  Getting beak training along with some rabbit.  Those necks sure are wobbly at first!  Wonderful cam and closeups there!   :ecsmile
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

Video:  Ready for my Close-up

First hatch:  4/2

What is the prey in the nest?   What did Mom feed her baby?  Did Dad bring a fish?
Jean, California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
The feeding shown in post #20 has some views of the furry prey.  It is what was fed at that feeding.
beth
from California

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
wabbit, beans  :ecsad

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 02:34:38 AM »
Beans, you can see the two rabbit feet close to where the hatched chick and eggs are in the nest.  Mom D. just reached over and pulled off pieces to give the little one its first and subsequent feedings.  She is teaching it to come to her beak.  It still needs to learn that is a good thing to do!   :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
Mom's feeding chick #1 while chick #2 is learning to stand upright.

Egg #3 looks mighty cracked up to me, they are saying hatch is expected in the next couple of days. Remember, egg #3 was layed 8 days after egg #1, so I'm a bit confused about the timing.

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Aaahhh two bobbleheads?  :eclove

I agree with you Dizzymom re: remaining egg.  Time will give us the answer. :mhihi
beth
from California

Offline tarvena

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:22 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/us-eagles-idUSTRE73304820110404?feedType=RSS&feedName=internetNews&rpc=76

This is a link to article on Decorah Eagle Cam. It's really been generating lots of watchers around the world and apparently the carrier crashed for over 2 hours on Saturday due to overload.
I heard on KFI radio news in Los Angeles, just after midnight, that it has surpassed watching puppies on the net.
Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has.....Margaret Mead
                   ~~Nancy~~