Author Topic: Dad (Pa) and Mom (Ma) Sidney Observations  (Read 15781 times)

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
Re: Dad (Pa) and Mom (Ma) Sidney Observations
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 08:31:06 AM »
Pa on March 14  (time stamp is one hour slow)

-

Ma on March 13 (from Anna in Holland's video)

-

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »
May 6

Both Ma and Pa Sidney seem to be doing well.  Many photos and screencaps have been evaluated (although not posted).

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »

February 8

HWF s'cap by JudyB
2-8-11

This s'cap was made by Mojo from Beans' 2/8 video entitled "High Alert & Calls at the Sidney Nest" posted below. Green lines were added to point out the lines in the nest. emc noticed line #3.

Numbers and green lines indicate the position of the three visible strings/lines in the nest.

Video by beans

"High Alert & Calls at the Sidney Nest"

Here are some more detailed notes by mojo to describe the movement of the lines in Beans' video:

All three lines are clearly visible from the beginning of the video.  When Ma arrives at 1:35, you can see lines #1 & 2 being moved around by her feet and tail feathers, especially from 1:41 to 1:57.  Movement of line #2 is again visible at 6:17 when Pa steps on it.  Movement of line #3 is visible between 6:26 and 7:47.  The way in which these lines are moving is indicative of a flexible string/line of some type.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIa_Ix9gvdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIa_Ix9gvdM</a>

These are fotos taken by David Hancock(?) of Flyer & his being handled by Jeff Krieger.

Click here

This foto shows the fishing line cutting into Flyer*s toe.

wooohoooo!

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
I was asked to have a look at the fishing line in the picture Booni posted in the last post.

I'd say it is fairly heavy duty nylon monofilament, of the kind used for leaders in commercial salmon fishing - heavier than most recreational fishing lines. The good news is that it tangles and tightens less easily than the lighter line because it's a lot more rigid. The bad news is that it's very strong, so once someone is tangled they're really stuck.

Glad they got rid of it. All that nylon line is really nasty stuff.