Author Topic: iPad and iPhone Discussion and Self Help  (Read 67287 times)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: iPad and iPhone Discussion and Self Help
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
This is the link to the bird feeders in Italy.  I don't what we are seeing, but they are different than here in California.  One frequent visitor might be greater tit

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cinciallegra
beth
from California

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
You guys are on it!  I am glad I did not give up on skyfire after I bought it way back!  A pleasure to be able to peek in at some of our favorite cams.  :ecsmile

Laurad, EMC already answered your question.  :thumbup:  Athough emc, I have no idea what you mean my touch "copy" or "clipboard"!  guess we are using different methods?  Bet you have found an easier way than I have!  Laurad, the ustream app is good, but they are limited in what they broadcast.  They have said that it is that certain cams do not use their code and thus cannot stream in their app. The justin tv app is good, seems to have most of their feeds and you can search categories and such.  Unfortunately, the WE safari has been not working on the justin app for a while.  :sad  Hopefully WE or Justin (don't know who is the problem) is getting it fixed.  The Justin app also has a bug and freezes in certain conditions when it has an ad on screen.  But it will reopen after just a minute and work.

I think i paid $3.99 for skyfire, but that was several months ago, so they may have had a price drop.  Keep waiting for a "free" or "price reduced" before installing their new dedicated ipad browser.  The universal one works fine on ipad, but looks a little better on iphone as it was designed for that screen.

There are a lot of third party browsers for ipad/iphone.  I have tried a little with some of them, but seem to use safari most of the time.  Skyfire is the only one I found that has the flash translater.  There are still so many sites it does not work on, but that may be the nature of the site, not skyfire.  For example, the Norfolk cam will not even show on any of my browsers, including skyfire.  I think maybe the screen needs to be there for the browser to do its thing.  Maybe that is why it has a problem with wildearth, too?  :puzzled2

Oh well, hard to complain about technology.  It really is amazing.  Hard to believe that way back in the computer dark ages I programmed for huge machines that had less memory or power than my old ipod shuffle (still working after 6 yrs) or probably most any computerized device.  So much has changed it is mind boggling!
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
I keep learning more and more.  If you tap on the screen , some options come up, select all is one(if you can't see the whole link you want, as an example). Copy is another choice. Select copy when you have highlighted what you want.  It is now on "clipboard" (invisible to us, but that's where any "copy" is held).
Then go wherever you want to paste it, tap on the screen and you have a choice of paste come up.

When you go to Skyfire with a link copied, it asks if you want to use the one on the clipboard. So you select that instead of pasting the link.

I haven't been able to get this to work within the forum as getting a link to a post or a  topic, yet. lol
beth
from California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
I am very grateful you found Skyfire and what it can do... :eclove

Have you found a way to watch a cam on Skyfire and be able to report on forum without having to restart Skyfire?
beth
from California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
I talked to my contact at Apple and probed and probed to get info of what is needed for iphone and ipad to see video cams!!  All mobile devices do and will be using video format H264.

So if our cam, or WildEarth could be formated this way it'll work. Send letters to Wild Earth.

eta: edited for correction. emc
beth
from California

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »
Has anyone been successful with the bluetooth on the iPad and iPhone? I can't seem to get anything to work on the iPhone.. I set the bluetooth to "on" but it doesn't see other devices nor do they see the iPhone.  I'm not even sure what I will be able to do once they see each other - can one swap photos and if so, how?

Laura, Wimbledon, London UK - HEG

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:45 AM »
Put the blue tooth in discovery mode.  Check your manual for the blue tooth. 
Yes, Mr. emc has it for me. I know my son uses blue tooth for his. Another way, Mr. emc said a Verizon or ATT store will set it for you, or where you bought the item.
beth
from California

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »
Good news for iPhone/iPad users!  Skyfire's latest update holds a nice surprise.  We can now get our Hornby Eagle cam, Safari cam, white rock close-up cam and maybe others using Skyfire!  Also, the Justin tv app is working with the wildearth safari again! (Watching via the Justin tv app makes chat available, just as the ustream app has chat on their app.) And the WE safari can also be seen at the Justin website via Skyfire.

Tried getting our cam at our webpage, and Skyfire wants to use the USTREAM link, so no go there yet.  Also seemed to have trouble with our chatango link...  Make sure you try those and report to Skyfire so they will work on them.

But, we apple-philes will be able to watch our dear Hornby Eagles via wildearth site on Skyfire now!  I am impressed, as I had been complaining about the cam as well as some other sites, and things are improving.   :nod2

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 11:38:47 PM »
Oh wow !!  Exciting news!!  So we go to Skyfire and then to WildEarth?  Is that how we get it? I need it spelled out, lol  :mhihi
beth
from California

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 06:35:31 AM »
Thank you luvthebirds, I haven't installed Skyfire yet, but will certainly do so. Can you view the Maine Eagle nest? http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brieaglcam

If so, I'll get it right away as I'll need it while I am away soon.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »
Laurad, yes, all the ustream cams, including your Maine eagles, seem to work just fine with the Skyfire browser.  You can either search ustream under animals or the cam title, or just enter the url in the browser.  

The ustream app doesn't show all their cams, as broadcasters need to use ustream producer to be shown on the app.

EMC, yes, you would launch the Skyfire browser and enter the url for the cam.  Or enter the url for wildearth.tv and then click on the cam you want.  But, may not work until April 20th.  See below.

Now for the bad/good news.  While the WE cams, including ours, worked last night, today they only got so far as the "loading advert" message.  :sad  I contacted Skyfire support and they say they have a fix for the WE cams and it will be rolled out with their update on April 20th!  :ecsmile

At least their support has been responsive to problems I report.  They seem to want to work with their users.   :thumbup:

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
Ahhh got the advert loading... it was frustrating, not knowing what I did wrong... lol

Thanks so much Luv.  Search under animals, need to remember that!  ( I've tried wildlife cams without good success)
beth
from California

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
I've just installed Skyfire and tried to run the Maine eagle cam, but got the same message that this cam needs Flash, so it didn't work. I opened Skyfire and pasted the URL into the address bar - am I doing it wrong? I do so hope to get both Hornby and Maine cams working on the iPad before I go.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
Laurad, I don't know why you are having trouble with the Maine cam.  :puzzled2  It works fine on Skyfire, using either the ustream site and searching for the cam, or by entering the url in Skyfire and going directly to the cam.  (I just tried the url, works fine.)  Are you giving Skyfire time to analyze the page?  There is an icon in the lower left corner of the browser that looks like a piece of film.  It will say "analyzing" and a pop-up window with an arrow will appear.  Click on the arrow and then it takes a little while to get the stream.  Skyfire tells you to wait, etc.  If you don't see the icon, look at the bottom of your page and click the little icon that is a few curved lines: that will bring up the bottom tool bar with the video icon.

If you read my post from yesterday, you will see that Skyfire is still having some problems with the cams that broadcast using WE.  They expect a fix with their next update on April 20th.  (So you may not have our cam for your trip, but you should have the Maine cam.  And I find that the videos that people post here in the forum or on utube work nicely on ipad.  :nod2  Really helps when you cannot see our cam.   :ecsmile )

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 04:51:05 AM »
Thank you so much luvthebirds.. yes.. it works finally. I didn't know about the "analizing" button. I wonder if I will have to click it each time I log into the cam. I'm so pleased and also disappointed that I won't be able to see the Hornby's unless I go on a PC somewhere. Now if these Maine eagles would just stay on the nest all the time and not keep on leaving it vacant. Thank you again.