Author Topic: How to Post a Photo From Photobucket (PB)  (Read 454645 times)

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
How to Post a Photo From Photobucket (PB)
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »
How to Post a Photo From Photobucket (PB)

Photobucket upgraded their site in mid-November 2010.  http://photobucket.com/

General Information:
  • The following information is for those using a PC.  Depending on the operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7) and/or browser (Internet Explorer 8, Firefox etc.) you use; there may be subtle differences in how what you have to do.
  • For Mac users please see HERE
  • Photo Size:
    • Please be aware that the forum software will resize giant pictures to 600 pixels in width.
    • The maximum allowed number of photos to a post is 5 or 6.  More than that may cause a slowing in the loading of the posts in a topic.
    • Select 'Medium' to show an example of a jigsaw puzzle when posting in Jigsaw Puzzles for Nature Fans

If you are new to Photobucket and have set up an account, and need help uploading your photos, open your account and click on ‘Help’. The left side of the page contains and index.  http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/PhotobucketHelp.htm

You will also need to set the codes for the links you are likely to use:
  • Be in your PB account.
  • Click on 'Account Settings'.
  • Click on Album Settings.
  • Scroll down to 'Link Options’.
  • You will see a list of available codes including: 'Direct Link' which can be used for posting videos, 'IMG Code' for posting photos, and 'IMG Thumb' for posting thumbnail photos (clickable images).
  • Select which link(s) you wish to be available for your use.
  • Click ‘Save’.
  • Unless you are immediately going to upload a photo/photos; log out of the site.

To post a single photo in a post:
  • Be in the forum topic where you want to post a photo. e.g Hornby Nest Discussion 2010 - 2011.
  • Click on ‘Post / Reply’ and type a description of the photo.
  • Minimize the forum page.
  • Open your Photobucket account in another window or tab.
  • Locate and open the album where the photo is located.
  • Double click on the required photo to open it. The links available to you for posting are opposite the photo.
  • Left click on ‘IMG Code’, OR ‘IMG Thumb’ (if you wish a clickable thumbnail).
  • Maximize your forum page.
  • Right click in the post and 'paste' the link.
  • Click on ‘Preview’ (under the post) to check that the photo is visible. If so:
  • Click ‘Save'.

To post more than one photo in a post:
  • Hover the cursor over each photo you wish to post.
  • Click in the box under each photo, each photo will be outlined in white.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page.
  • Click on the blue words 'Choose action'.
  • Click on the words 'Generate link codes for selected'
  • A box appears with choses for links
  • Under the words 'IMG for bulletin boards and forums' you have a chose of 'Clickable thumbnails' and 'Full size'.
  • Left click on the codes you wish (the area quickly shows yellow)
  • Go to your post
  • Right click in the post and 'Paste' the links, leaving a space between each link.
  • Click on ‘Preview’ (under the post) to check that the photo is visible. If so:
  • Click ‘Save'.

Using 'IMG Code' and a single photo

Using 'IMG Thumb' for single photo  (Clickable image)

Three thumbnail images selected before spacing

And after spacing:

Image of the leopard 'Karula' and flowers © Wildearth and safari.tv

Nov. 2010

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:32:12 AM by BBE »
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: How to Post a Photo From Photobucket (PB)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »
Photobucket gives a warning when you move, delete or reorganize your albums that your link will be changed. What this means, is that if you have already posted a picture anywhere, the link now is different  and your picture will not show.     This applies only to pictures already posted somewhere, if you haven't posted them yet, you can move them and not worry about it.  If you have posted them, then you need to get the new coding and modify your post.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:03:12 PM by BBE »
beth
from California

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
This is also true of other hosting sites as in image shack, Flickr & personal pictures on your computer. As I've found out the hard way. :ecsmile
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:02:28 PM by BBE »

Offline Raptorman

• The Eagles of White Rock
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
If you want to post photos using different sizes you can use this:

Code: [Select]
[img alt= alt width=320 height=240]image url[/img]
Just replace the height and width numbers with whatever size you want your photo displayed (in pixels)
and use the "direct link" to your photo within the tags (where it says "image url)

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
So, the big question is, do I have to use Photobucket or something similar to post screen grabs from the Sooner Lake cam from 2009? Or is there a simpler way to get them into the new thread?
"If you slow things down, you notice things you hadn't seen before." - Robert Wilson, director, author, videographer

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
Maggies, you do indeed have to use Photobucket or a similar photohosting service (many of us use Flickr and/or Photobucket).  There is a maximum size that is set in the forum software (600 pixels wide) - if you post something larger, the forum will automatically resize it.

Let me know if you have more questions (and thanks for filling us in on the Sooner Lake nest!)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
Tinypic is supposed to be easy, but I haven't looked into it.

Edited: I just finally looked at tinypic.com. It is easy, no sign in, no registration. Just upload your screenshot or video and they provide a link for you to use.  The downside is that you won't have an album saved to look at yourself or to point to for others.
beth
from California

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »
Next question - how do you post a Photobucket slide show in the forum - using the IMG link didn't work.  Do I have to do it as a clickable link?
"If you slow things down, you notice things you hadn't seen before." - Robert Wilson, director, author, videographer

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »
Maggie: I find my links more reliable when I use the generate code. Did you try that and it still not work?
A slideshow should post the same way as a pic. Where did you post so I can see the result?

For generate code:

Click on small square under pic or slideshow or video,
Scroll down to bottom of page- choose action
Generate link codes
Then choose the IMG for bulletin boards & forums
Full size ( or clickable thumbsize)
Highlight
Copy ( it may say copy is on your clipboard, which means it is copied and ready to paste)

beth
from California

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
I posted in the Dec thread.  I will take your instructions and go try to fix what I did.  Let you know how it goes!

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
somehow when I followed your instructions what I got was a long list of still photos.  So I went back and created the slide show in PB and pasted it into the post as a link using HYperlink I think.  So now it shows at a clickable link - but doesn't run automatically as a slide show they way Booni's usually do.  Wonder how she does it.

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »
You did it!  :biggrin3

It does go automatically, ( after clicking on it)also has row of stills at bottom to choose from.  Booni uses flicker. I have not used flicker myself yet.
beth
from California

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
but for me clicking on it opens another web tab which goes automatically.  Booni's show the first image in the post and then it goes automatically - a little different