Author Topic: White Rock Bald Eagles  (Read 121753 times)

Offline dizzymom70

Re: White Rock Bald Eagles
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »
The eagles spent more than an hour sitting on the branches at one point today, hardly moving at all. I thought the cam might be frozen, but it wasn't, as they were continually moving their heads. I guess they were just chillin'. :eclol

I did get a screencap of a fly-in at one point.

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »
I didn't watch much today due to the holiday, but I did catch one of the pair at the nest. I still don't know who is who, though. :puzzled2

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
Very beautiful pictures!  We get a good look at his/her feet in the snow.  brrrrrr
Jean, California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
Dizzymom, those are beautiful and dramatic screen shots of the eagles in the snow.  I've been wondering why they stand in it when they could perch on a branch and not have their feet be quite as cold?   :puzzled2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 11:55:07 PM »
Great shots, dizzymom.   :ecsmile  The HD cam really gives a clear picture. 
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
The snow is gone from the nest, and the eagles look ready to go again today. Now if the sun would come out, the screencaps would be fantastic.

There was even a visitor at the nest tree.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:50:40 PM by BBE »

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 10:24:29 AM »
Visited the White Rock Cam for a few minutes this morning.  The eagles were working on their nest.  :ecsmile

Screen shot taken at 08:46 am, 11-26-10, from image İHancock Wildlife Foundation

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »
Here is one of the eagles taking in the last rays of the day. It just looks so peaceful.

Offline cakiepie

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
Oh dizzy, this is a beautiful shot.  I like all the ones everyone has posted, but this is really grand. I love the look out to the water. 
Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.      Lao Tzu

Offline jungleland

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »
What is the body of water that you can see from the nest?  I have checked the link a few times I like the way the cameras are set up.  Thanks for posting info here.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
Hello jungleland,

The eagle's nest overlooks Boundary Bay, to the west of White Rock, on the SW coast of B.C.

I am thinking that the land you see in the distance is the large Deltaport at Roberts Bank (coal and container terminal), in Delta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_Bay

Map from Google.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
11/28/2010-It was a rather interesting morning at the White Rock Nest. While I was watching both eagles on the tree limb, another adult eagle could be seen flying in the distance, and even perching on one of the trees directly behind the nest in the distance (as we see it on the WA cam). The intruder eagle also did a couple of fly-bys, but alas, my trigger finger is just not up to snuff, so I didn't capture it. The pictures below show some of the reaction from the White Rock pair.

I will have another entry soon with some of the other captures from this morning.

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »
Here are some other captures from this morning. First a fly in, then a couple of shots of the Mrs. (I think) doing some personal primping and preening.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »
dizzymom, such beautiful images  :ecsmile   :clap

At 11:44 a.m. I tuned in to see if either of the eagles were at home. I first went to the close up cam and thought no-one was at home; then I saw the tip of tail feathers (top of image just of center) .

On the wide angle view this is what I saw and also videoed. It is not quite as cloudy / foggy where I am, several miles west of them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtAKbDfJojE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtAKbDfJojE</a>
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »
Another beautiful end to a busy White Rock day.