Author Topic: White Rock Bald Eagles  (Read 117165 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: White Rock Bald Eagles
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 05:16:31 AM »
Beautiful screen cap, Dizzymom!
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
11/17/2010-I am trying to watch the cam today, but the wind is so horrible that it is making me sea sick. I also am worried about the cam and nest trees as the swaying is so severe. This might be a tough story to follow once chicks hatch.

I hope that the choices for camera locations and mounting methods can hold up for the duration of the season. It looks pretty bad today.

Being the first year for these cams, the setup has not yet been put to the test. Only time will tell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
Yes, Dizzymom. It can be harrowing in high winds and rain.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Well, it seems the storm has passed for now. High winds and hail have not affected the nest or cams today. The Mr. and Mrs. returned to the nest when it was all over, and apparently, all is well. Just wet.

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »
With milder weather for the afternoon, activities continue.

Seems Ma Hornby isn't the only Mrs. that has bad hair days.

And the Mrs. leaves the nest.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »
Dizzymom, more super photos. I especially like the one of Mum flying off and the last one of both in the nest.  I wonder if all the female  bald eagles have 'bad hair days'  :question

I sure had one on Wed.  :eclol There were wicked high winds and buckets of rain during the early morning hours on Wed. I had to get up about 7 a.m. and close the bedroom window.  Then by around 10 a.m. the sun was out and we had a sunny, cool and windy day. City road roads were backed up = big puddles etc.

Link to White Rock weather forecast http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0323
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 03:56:14 AM »
Dizzymom, it's interesting and fun to see another pair of bald eagles working around the nest, relating to one another and, hopefully, having and raising some little ones!   :eclove   Thank you for keeping track of what they're doing and posting about them here.  :thumbup:

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
11/18/2010-overcast morning on the nest, but activity nonetheless.

I didn't notice this the other day, but this eagle has a lot of fluffy white feathers showing on the back. I think this is the Mrs., but I'm not 100% sure.

There is a base of a small branch off the tree trunk that sticks out into the nest. I have watched both eagles at different times try to "bite" it off, but no luck.

And here is another capture of one of them leaving the nest.

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »
11/20/2010-The sunrise greeted the White Rock nest this morning and revealed snow blanketing the entire area, nest included. I will keep watch for the eagles to see their reaction.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:22 AM »
The dusting of snow is beautiful and it shouldn't bother the eagles.  They're dressed for it!   :eclove

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »

Video:  Towards the End of the Day

At the beginning of the video, you hear the eagles softly calling to each other.  The first to arrive brings a branch to the nest.
Jean, California

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »
11/20/2010-It was a beautiful end to a day that started out cold and snowy at the White Rock nest.

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »
oh, GORGEOUS pictures!  this nest really does have beautiful eagles and a fabulous view!

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:57 AM »
Dizzymom, the sunset is beautiful!  Your screen caps of that nest are always wonderful to see!   :eclove   Thank you!

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Dizzymom and Beans, thank you so much for keeping us up to date with this beautiful pair of eagles!  :ecsmile  They sure have a nice view!  :eclove
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)