Author Topic: One Heart, One Nest (Sharing and Caring for Each Other)  (Read 166328 times)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: One Heart, One Nest (Sharing and Caring for Each Other)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Welcome eagleluver to the forum. Hope to see you around some more.

Zoesarge: a big welcome to our forum. We have a tutorial with lots of help for new ones to the forum.

Here is an introduction to the forum and some links  that I hope will be helpful . Anything we can do to assist our new ones is our pleasure.

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=443.0
beth
from California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »
Maria: I am sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles. But happy that you shared them with us.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Let us know when your surgery will be so we can be thinking of you. So glad to know the cancer hasn't spread, and that we can live with just 1 kidney, if necessary.

As you probably know by now, that many of us here have problems with flashing and moving. That's why we have a limit to the smilies, and no moving avatars.  We have a tutorial now on how to stop moving gif's if you need that info.  I need things written down, so I can go back and remind myself when needed.   :mhihi  Hope our flash  safer forum is good for you.  Let us know if we can accommodate you further in any way.

(((HUGS)))
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »
Maria dB, you are in my thoughts as you go through the surgery and afterward.  Please let us know how you are doing before and after it's over, when you can.  We care very much about you and our other Hornby eagle friends who are having challenges, whether they are on-going or shorter term things, whether they're very serious or not.  You certainly have our love and warm wishes for a safe and successful surgery... :hearts2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
Maria, you are in the thoughts and prayers of all of us.   :eclove
Jean, California

Offline Thumper66

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »
Maria.  Thanks for opening up to us with the difficulties you have been going through and the challenges you are facing.  Please let us know the date and time of your surgery, and keep us advised of your recovery, so that we can be more specific in our prayer requests.   :pray  My goodness woman ... you have such a beautiful attitude.  Your are an inspiration.  God bless you!    :hug (hugs)

Offline Sunny

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »
Maria
Thoughts and prayers to you now and in the future. May all go well with the Surgery. :pray Please keep us informed. I can understand and know where you are coming from at least with the Arthritis. I have had it since 1988. It can be difficult at times, especially if you have to work. Activity does play a positive role, at least part of the time. :heart :eclove at least with me.
Sunny

Offline Faerie Gardener

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 05:46:37 AM »
Maria, I send my hugs and concerns to you and I also admire your positive attitude - it will be so very helpful to you in healing. Did you ever read the book, "Love, Medicine and Miracles," by Bernie Siegel?  He was a cancer surgeon who wrote about patients like you, those who were exceptional and can teach us all a little about self-healing. I met him once and found him to be so compelling.  :heart
"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:42 AM »
  Maria Thank you  for  sharing your  troubles with us. It helps to be able to  talk of our  difficulties sometimes . My  prayers :pray  will be with you  going into  surgery and  your  positive attitude  will give  fortitude to  others  who are facing  such health issues  :nod2

Offline barberella

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

Maria, I had surgery for uterine cancer over 3 years ago, followed by 28 radiation treatments.  So far, so good... I keep getting good test results.  If I can do it, so can you.   :mhihi

And I've had arthritis since I was 16, with 2 right hip replacements (the first lasted 10 yrs.).  They were easy peasy, but I'm afraid to have my knees done, as long as I can get around and drive, I'm happy.

You'll have plenty of people praying for you, and thinking about you. That's always a comfort.

Wishing you the very best of luck!!  :thumbsup

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:59:20 AM by emc »

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »

My very warmest good wishes to you, Maria, and to everyone who is dealing with such serous health issues. I am constantly humbled when I hear about the things such gentle people have to deal with in their lives.   :hearts2  to all of you.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:58:59 AM by emc »

Offline joyofdogs

• Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »
Because the Hornby Island nest is now part of my extended family and I had been so present in chat, I know some of you have been wondering where I have been. I felt it was time to share with you why I have been mostly absent.   

Some of you already know that on August 21 our beloved son, Terry, died suddenly and tragically, one week before his 30th birthday.  We flew to Philadelphia, where he lived with his wife.  We were there just over a week to be with family and friends to attend his memorial. It is unfathomable and surreal that our beautiful boy is gone.

This has been and will continue to be the most painful time of our lives and since our return we have been trying to make sense of this terrible tragedy and come to terms with it. 

I have been so moved and comforted by the outpouring of love and support from the nest (even when you did not know who or what it was for).  I would appreciate it if you did not ask any questions as it is all too painful right now.

Thank you for being such wonderful, kind, generous friends. One Heart, one mind, one nest. Love joyofdogs and my family
  :heart
'Material things can't make the soul whole;
only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that.' ~ moi

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
(((hugs)))  Joy.  I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. I'm glad the fellowship here has been some comfort to you.
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »
(((((Joy))))) I hope being here and in chat room with us will bring some comfort to you.  It's good to have you back now and with friends who care very much about you.   :grouphug2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline mew

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »
Joy, I'm so very very sorry to hear of your devastating loss.  I cannot say that I know how you feel, because fortunately I've not experienced the loss of a child; however, I can tell you that my heart hurts for you and yours and will keep you all in my thoughts.  ((((Joy))))  

Offline boodle317

• HEGPS
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »
Joy....I am so sorry for your devastating loss.  Yes...we were all with you in mind and spirit and we continue to send positive thoughts toward you and your family.  We love having you back in chat and hope that your healing will allow you to visit us more often.  You are a bright spot in the room and we want you there whenever it's right for you.

Fondly,

Boodle