Author Topic: One Heart, One Nest (Sharing and Caring for Each Other)  (Read 166151 times)

Offline joyofdogs

• Friend of HEGPS
One Heart, One Nest (Sharing and Caring for Each Other)
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »
We arrived home last night from a gruelling trip and it was pouring rain in Campbell River.  I was up at dawn  - the sky was clear and glowing red and the coastal mountains were in stark relief.  I was at my computer and looked out to see one of our resident eagle pair sitting at the top of their roosting tree.  I watched through the binoculars for some time.  It did my heart good to see her there (or him).  
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:24:55 PM by emc »
'Material things can't make the soul whole;
only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that.' ~ moi

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: One Heart, One Nest (Sharing and Caring for Each Other)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
Welcome home, Joy.  I'm glad you made it back safely and saw the eagle perched nearby.  That is is a very beautiful thing to happen where you can enjoy it.   :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
 :grouphug2 Joy, Wecome Home!! we are here for you!  :heart

Offline AJL

• HEGPS
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »
Welcome home ((((((((((JOY)))))))). You've been missed by your eagles, and us!
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
((((((((Joy))))))))) Welcome back! We sure missed you! Like Ajl says, your eagles and Eagle Friends missed you. In the chat last night chatters were asking after you. You sure are loved here. :heart

edited: fixed your color, the problem was that you had it going past the heart. Which can't change color. :) emc
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:09:51 PM by emc »
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
Welcome back Joy, we have missed you ((((((( Joy ))))))

Offline auroradawn

• HEGPS
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:37:24 AM »
Welcome home my friend, look forward to seeing & chatting to you again in the near future.  You have been in my thoughts.  Take care & lots of love  :heart to you.

Offline joyofdogs

• Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
Thank you everyone for welcoming me back.  It's been a very difficult time. I know many of you have been thinking of me and your love and support have been comforting. I have missed chat and recently stepped in a couple of times when not too many people are there.

Seeing Harold and Alice (our local eagles) on their roosting tree has been very comforting. There is a huge sockeye salmon run going on which is probably why the eagles are still around. They did leave for a while a last year and may go once the salmon decrease. 

One heart, one mind, one nest.  Love Joy
'Material things can't make the soul whole;
only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that.' ~ moi

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
Hi Joy,

It's so nice to see you here.  We missed you.  It looks like Harold and Alice might have thought you'd like their company.  :nod2   

:heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »
Jorgita and Ducky. Thank you for your excellent posts.   :nod2  I have not had time in the past weeks to visit our eagles and am trying to catch up. Firstly, although I have read about the new chat site I have not visited it. Could someone kindly lead me in the right direction  :blush I have had migrains since my early teens and know the problems of colours and lighting etc. I also lost an eye (acute glaucoma) at 35 and my 3D is off in certainly lights and can feel confused with fast, flashing, or bright colours (red in particular). I also have arthritius. My hands and fingertips can be extremely painful in old and damp weather and I can't type very fast these days. I have great trouble with 'mouse  hand'  :eclol also. I am sure a lot of us would not mention this if it had not been for the new chat site. As for people who are ill and housebound, I to will be in that position in a couple of weeks. I have a malignant kidney tumour which means after my surgery I will be unable charge around (well hobble  :biggrin3) as I usually do for some weeks. I will definately be glued to my computer and will be spending a lot of time on the site catching up on what I have missed over the last months. So please techies, anything to make life easier will be most welcome  :ecsmile (after a CT scan my surgeon was happy to tell me that the cancer has not not spread. For some reason I have been  very posisitive and not a bit frightened. but if any one is good at prayers they would be very welcome  :pray) Thanks for reading me. Hugs Maria xxxx   :grouphug2

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »
Have just registered on new chat line with no probs. No one there tho'  :eclol

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
Maria,

Thank you for the update and the frank information on what you are dealing with. My prayers are with you and all of our Hornby Eagle family. I am glad you registered in the new WE site.

:heart
Rajame
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline justducky121

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »
Maria,

Welcome back.  Glad to hear the camcer has not spread.  Sorry for all that you have gone through and you will be going through.   :pray

Don't feel bad, I type with one finger and it seems sooo slow, but we can do this!   :nod2

Ducky   :ecwink 

Offline eagleluver

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
Hi everyone
Just popping in to say hello and hope that everyone is well
I have been away at the cabin for quite some time now and am home now except for weekends. I see the cam is down and no chat so will pop back in a week or so to see if anything has been fixed.
Take care all...xoxo

Offline zoesarge

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
Jorgita and Ducky. Thank you for your excellent posts.   :nod2  I have not had time in the past weeks to visit our eagles and am trying to catch up. Firstly, although I have read about the new chat site I have not visited it. Could someone kindly lead me in the right direction  :blush I have had migrains since my early teens and know the problems of colours and lighting etc. I also lost an eye (acute glaucoma) at 35 and my 3D is off in certainly lights and can feel confused with fast, flashing, or bright colours (red in particular). I also have arthritius. My hands and fingertips can be extremely painful in old and damp weather and I can't type very fast these days. I have great trouble with 'mouse  hand'  :eclol also. I am sure a lot of us would not mention this if it had not been for the new chat site. As for people who are ill and housebound, I to will be in that position in a couple of weeks. I have a malignant kidney tumour which means after my surgery I will be unable charge around (well hobble  :biggrin3) as I usually do for some weeks. I will definately be glued to my computer and will be spending a lot of time on the site catching up on what I have missed over the last months. So please techies, anything to make life easier will be most welcome  :ecsmile (after a CT scan my surgeon was happy to tell me that the cancer has not not spread. For some reason I have been  very posisitive and not a bit frightened. but if any one is good at prayers they would be very welcome  :pray) Thanks for reading me. Hugs Maria xxxx   :grouphug2