Author Topic: Mushrooms And Other Fungi  (Read 44657 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Mushrooms And Other Fungi
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
I imagine Jon will be very interested in seeing those specimens, Foldi.  And I see several puzzles popping up, too!   :eclol
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Jonathan M

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »
nice one foldi , sorry im kinda busy right now.. .the second one is a coprinus for sure the first is intrigatating look like a lepiota , the third one very interesting and the fourth one i need a pic of the feet and how is attached to the trees. have a good day :-)
One need to see what nature offer before destroy it.

Offline fol-di-rol

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
Jon - there's no great rush for your answer, but you asked for a picture of the feet of the mushrooms on the tree stump, and I was able to get one today, although the mushrooms themselves have deteriorated somewhat.  Hope the detail is good enough.

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
John-I sent you a personal message here on the forum with a link to an album of mushroom pictures from Michigan. Check your personal messages here on the forum to get the link.  :nod2

Offline Jonathan M

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
completly forgot about this topic sorry

Hygrocybe psittacina var. psittacina

the hygrocybe psittacina is one of the most distingable mushroom around , it a green one! the cap is usualyl green and eventually get orange. the stem is also green .the mushroom is growing on the ground , in almost any forest but it is not very easy to find it. The mushroom usually is less than one inches high and thus non-edible. common specie

One need to see what nature offer before destroy it.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »
Jon, I have been hoping you'd post more photos and explanations of mushrooms and other fungi. Thanks for doing it again!   That's a beauty and will make a lovely puzzle!    :thumbup:

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2011, 07:31:37 PM »
Just for you, Jon:

A strikingly beautiful clump of Trametes versicolor; I found it in the woods near Hidden beach this afternoon. The fresh new growth makes a white margin that shines in the dark forest.

Soon, spring will come...
 :ecsmile

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
That is beautiful, Wren.  Jon will be very pleased when he sees your picture!   :thumbup: