Author Topic: Nest #15 - eaglet Decker  (Read 49885 times)

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Nest #15
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
Words cannot express fully my thoughts and thank you Booni, Wren and Doug. Your HEART gift is living, breathing, flying eagles. !!!!  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
Gosh I love you gals..... thank you from the bottom of my heart...... when I seen those bugs, he looked thin also and the fact that you could get so close to him..... well I was so glad that you rescued him.... it was time.  I am so thankful for what you are doing. He is in good hands now along with Niner and Brig.... one day you will reap the rewards by seeing them release on Hornby.... free and soaring like eagle should.  It will make you so proud and us too!!!!

Can't thank you enough... :heart, you are such a great team!!!!!!

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:22 AM »
The Eagle Ladies of the HEART Team!  Boots on the ground do it again.  This is a memorable year for you, the eagles of Hornby and Doug and Sheila.  The challenges are many, but you all seem ready to tackle them and do it VERY well!   :eclove

This story is so different from the last one...and it isn't over yet!   :eceek

Thank you from the bottom of my  :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 02:24:44 AM »
The play-by-play is sooooo appreciated.  It's like we are there with you, cheering you on, ready to lend a hand.
Great job team!
You all are to be commended too for observing, to make sure a rescue is really needed, or not.
beth
from California

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 06:01:58 AM »
Great Job . To the  Hornby  HEART team . Thank you  for  your  caring . :heart What  a Year.... NOw  we have three eaglets  that  are  going to  get their second  chance  thanks  to  your  observations .I  am  glad the rescue  operation  was a success. :nod2 

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »
What a story, winterwren!  You and Booni  have done such a wonderful job with these young'uns!  Can't wait to watch their release on Hornby sometime this fall.   :eclove
"If you slow things down, you notice things you hadn't seen before." - Robert Wilson, director, author, videographer

Offline watermaid

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »
I am so very thankful to find that Decker has gone for
treatment.  All of you are wonderful people.  I cannot
applaud you enough.

watermaid (Joan)

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
If Decker was healthy and strong and ready to be on his own, you would not have been able to catch him. 

Perhaps he fledged prematurely and the ground is not the easiest place to learn to get elevation on first flights.

You make a great team!
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline EagleSpirit

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »
This is wonderful Booni and Winterwren. you truly are angels..
So glad that Decker will get the treatment he/she needs and food..
Lita

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »
It does the heart good to know their are wonderful people in this world helping our critters, thanks HEART

Offline nan2945

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
thank you all for what you do - and for the very visual report ----this is  wonderful news about Decker's rescue

nan

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
winterwren, many thanks for telling us how you and Booni were able to rescue 'Decker' for transport.  I am so pleased you were able to get him off the island last evening. And Dan went along for the ride. What a wonderful team of caring people.

I just found this video Doug took last evening (Aug. 16 about 5:40 pm) of winterwren Feeding Fishead to Decker. Shortened broadcast so not all of the video is recorded.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »
Oh my gosh!!! I am bawling! That baby is so hungry! Thank you all. Those are some amazing talons huh? He's so thin. I am hoping to hear good things about his survival.  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »
Again a reminder... the camera that Doug has been using elongates everything, stretches the image vertically. The eaglet is not THAT thin... I'll be posting some more photos and maybe a video clip as soon as I can catch my breath. Booni took some nice shots last night, too.
 :heart
Wren

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
WOW.  Winterwren, Booni, Doug... you guys rock!  The eaglets of Hornby are lucky to have such caring folks to live among.  :eclove

I do have a question.  I am not sure if there are 2 fledged eaglets plus Decker or if the "2 eaglets" included Decker.  If there were three eaglets, perhaps lack of food may have been an issue with Decker?
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)