Author Topic: Nest Brigantine - eaglet Brig  (Read 97055 times)

Offline McMolly

• Molly's Tails From Ground Level
Re: Nest Brigantine
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »
Thank you so much for that wonderful video, Boonibarb, and Winterwren for the follow up story.  I was on the edge of my seat!!!!  The more I see and hear and read about these eagles, the more in awe I am.  But I guess flying isn't quite as easy as it looks once they get it nailed down!!!  :ecsmile
Heather

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »
Doug, Booni and Wren thank you for the wonderful observations! I watched and watched and cheered. I love the videos and the comments. It will be interesting to see him/her become stronger.  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Thumper66

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
I could sit here and watch those videos forever.  What I would give to have a front-row seat like Booni, Wren and Doug.  How gracious of the 3 of you to share your time and videos with us.  I've grown to love these eagles and eaglets so much.  Who woulda thunk I would be a bird watcher?  I love it and you gals and guy have brought the world of eagles to life for me.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!!! :-)))

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »
Booni and 'wren', my heart was in my throat when the eaglet went down into the water.  It was amazing to see the adult above the eaglet.  We are so lucky to have you two on 'Nest Patrol'.  Thank you so much for all you do.

Doug thank you for your videos.  I will add them to Doug's Videos from Around Hornby Island
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
Latest update... I cruised by the nest just before sunset, just to check how things were. There was an adult sitting low in a large tree not far from the nest, and we surprised each other. When the adult flew away, the eaglet started to call, giving away his location. Turns out that one was up on the nest tree, on a large branch just below the nest. Much better as an overnight perch than the little cedar by the beach. The eaglet seems to have his full lung power... :)

Unfortunately I was called away and could not stay any longer. I don't know what happened to the fish heads Doug had left this morning.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
It's interesting to see how Brig's sibling has learned to climb tree trunks by walking up them!  And is flying now, too!   :ecsmile   After more practice and it'll "be good to go" to the salmon runs.    :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
Here's a photo of the Brigantine eaglet that I took on Thursday night, about half an hour after his surprise swim. The light is fading and the photo is a bit grainy, but I love this shot. It is not enlarged or cropped: the eaglet was about 30 feet away from me :)

Brigantine eaglet, July 29, at sunset. (clickable)

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 11:00:26 PM »
Great photo, winterwren.  Looks like the eagle was still air drying its wings!  You and booni are doing a great job keeping us up to date on the Hornby Eaglet Adventures!  :biggrin6  Thank you.
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
Wondering if I should donate nose plugs or snorkeling equipment!  :really

:heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »
Very nice capture of the Brigantine fledgling with your camera, Wren.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2010, 05:31:06 AM »
No need to go to the movies to watch heart stopping thrills  :eceek We have them all here :eclol
How can we thank you guys for all the pleasure you bring to us  :question Oh to be free of arthritis
and be able to take wonderful pictures (not necessarily birdies, we don't have anything so big and beautiful
on my door step :ecnono) Thanks Booni, Wren, our wonderful Doug and everyone else who posts a piccie
or video.  :bow

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »

That really IS a beautiful foto wren!
Thanks for posting it!!
wooohoooo!

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »
Great photo Wren and thanks to Booni, Doug and yourself for the great updates!!!! So glad it appears that eaglet is doing fine!!! Still can't get over that climb it made!!!  :eceek

Boy, all the drama on such a wonderful quiet island!!!!  So glad the HEART Team is on the alert!!! Thank you all!  :heart

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »
Such a wonderful photo of 'Brig 2'.  Such talented,kind, and caring people we have on the 'HEART' team.

Rajame - nose plugs  :eclol
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline rheawalters

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
I've fallen in love all over again.  :heart  Fickle heart
Watching these adventures has been almost beyond words, so THANK YOU to the wonderful HEG members  who post their pics, videos, and observations so we almost feel like we're there. :investigate2 , and I can't seem to get enough.
Catching up I watched an eaglet learn to swim and climb trees. I was ready to swim for a second there myself, but Lil Brig 2 seems to be doing pretty good. No where else could I have seen that, and my thanks to this team for giving me this opportunity.  :nod2  I'm not sure who's more blessed, you or me?