Author Topic: Nest Brigantine - eaglet Brig  (Read 97954 times)

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
Re: Nest Brigantine
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
This is the video footage i got today of the transfer to & transport of the Brigantine eaglet by Norm the wonderful helicopter pilot volunteer.
This man is AMAZING!!!

july 27 2010 - Brigantine eaglet part one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJpNXzkeZAc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJpNXzkeZAc</a>

july 27 2010 - Brigantine eaglet - part two

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTUg1mPuxs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTUg1mPuxs</a>

july 27 2010 - Brigantine eaglet part 3

Okay, darn, i blew it in this third video.
As the helicopter flew off, an eagle flew towards us from the direction the helicopter just left.
You can see the eagle approaching, & then i musta hit the off button, because they next thing you hear is Sheila & i talking about it.
i had tracked the eagle all the way in & over Grassy Point & beyond to the area of the Peters*s Tree.
But you*ll have to take my word on it!
It was an amazing thing to*ve happened...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMQJPfy3Rg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMQJPfy3Rg</a>

At the end of the video, we see Mum in the Peters*s Tree, from Doug & Sheila*s water side deck.

wooohoooo!

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
BOONI - Your videos are AWESOME -  I was on chat as you were posting, and I posted the links to each video  - everyone rushed over to watch them! Really good work!!!  Thank you!

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
((((((((((bonnibarb)))))))))))) I wish I could do more!!!  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
Booni, you are the best, to do all these videos for us of the various rescues.  Truly AWESOME.  Sheila looked like a pro when holding the eagle for the pilot. Thank you so much.

:bow :clap and to all involved 

:grouphug2
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »
Scroll down for pictures from today and an update on Niner and Brig!

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 12:12:24 AM »
Booni, thank you for filming the careful preparation and gentle handing that Norm, the helicopter pilot, used when it was time to transfer Lil Brig to MARS.  It was especially nice to be able to watch from the angle where you were, in addition to the view we had when Doug was taping what Norm was doing, too.  We have a window on a world none of us would be privileged to see under ordinary circumstances.   :ecsmile

What a special and rewarding glimpse we're getting into the lives of the eagles, the people of Hornby and new friends like Norm.   :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »
What an amazing experience to whatch  the rescue of the baby  :nod2 I have watched it a couple of times so far. Nice to see Sheila live. Was that Booniebarb taking the pictures?   :eclove

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 12:19:14 PM »
How special for Sheila to be able to be a hands on helper too. :) You did good Sheila!
beth
from California

Offline Trixie in Ontario

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Is there anything bad about living on Hornby Island, because all I see is angels.

Thank you so much for participating in and documenting these wonderfully uplifting stories.

Balm for the (still) sadness of losing Phoenix two weeks ago.
Guest.

Offline AJL

• HEGPS
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:56 AM »
Booni thank you.  :eclove

(If ever I need my feet held, I want Sheila!)
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays

Offline MystCat

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
july 9 2010 bright bird i saw near Nest Brigantine
i have never seen such a coloured bird here before!
i think there were more of them, but this is the one i caught with my camera!

I was catching up on the boards and saw this picture...beautiful!
We have Western Tanagers here as well in spring--though I've not seen any since the start of summer.
The red-orange of their heads varies with their diet and a chemical in certain insects will intensify this coloring.

Here is a link to some I saw this spring:  Click here
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words, And never stops at all."

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 11:00:37 PM »

Today i got a call from Sheila on my answering machine.
Another eaglet was down!
Doug was already down there talking to the people about the eaglet, so i called winterwren & we gathered the capture equipment & headed down to find Doug & the eaglet.
We talked to the neighbours of the Nest, then Doug headed home for dinner, while wren & i went down to the beach to investiagate.
We found the eaglet & observed for a while, then the eaglet flew down the beach, closer to the Nest Tree.
An adult was calling to them in a nearby perch tree.
Wren & i decided to get closer to the Nest.
As we approached the bank to go down to the beach, the eaglet took off from the beach & headed out over the water!!!  :eceek
Here is the video footage i took.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1RU46gg0k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1RU46gg0k</a>
wooohoooo!

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
WOW Booni, that is some footage-- my heart was in my mouth-- but I remembered AJL said they were pretty good swimmers-- just wasn't sure about a young eaglet!!!!! I was so happy to see that it made it to shore!!!!!!

Doug came on chat last night to tell us and heard you will be checking on it in the morning. Bet you and winterwren are up at the crack of dawn. Hopefully it is alright and makes it back to nest-- if not boy you are going to be keeping Maj real busy!! :nod2

I love  :heart our HEART team!!!! You are all awesome!!!! Thank You . Will be waiting to hear how things are going in morning-- hoping I can get on chat before work!!!!!!

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »

july 29 2010 20:00 - Second Brigantine eaglet, on the beach

wooohoooo!

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »
Booni and Wren,

Mr Raj and I just watched the video with all the good thoughts we could think for Brig II and you two. I too remember Ajl telling us that eagles can swim, but an "eaglet?" Glad you were there with the little swimmers.

Thank you for your HEARTs and willingness to reach out.

Cheering you and Brig II on!
Rajame  :heart