Author Topic: Memories of Phoenix  (Read 136598 times)

Offline dalarie

Re: Memories of Phoenix
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »
Thanks so much Blue! I also sent the message to MARS. Here's hoping for success!

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2010, 12:17:24 AM »
Beautiful, Dalarie  :eclove

One of my favorite memories is Phoenix holding out her wings and sunning herself.

You can see the video on our new YouTube site here:

Phoenix Sunning and Preening
(click link)
Jean, California

Offline maggiemoo

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2010, 12:35:26 PM »
I have finally found " reply" and am also finding my way around Forum. I watched phoenix die and couldn't believe what I was seeing!  And for a week turned on the cam at the nest hoping for some kind of miracle. Well, that is all behind us now, and I find great pleasure in the fact that I have found so many friends who are so easy to chat with. And so interested in what each of us are doing during our "down" time. The miracle is the laughter and fun we share there all because of Mom and Dad and Phoe. October will soon be here and we will start all over again.  this time with a new knowledge of what an eagles life is all about and the hazzards that they have to overcome to be hatched, grow, and fledge while we are so fortunate to be able to join in their journey with them.
 :heartMaggiemoo

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
Welcome to the ranks of ONZ forum posters, Maggiemoo!  I'm glad you found how to do it!  It's fun to be able to share back-and-forth in the chat room and now here, isn't it?!   :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline mojita

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
Here it is August 7th and I am still very saddened over Phoe's passing.  It's very hard for me to read the memories and look at past videos of Phoe.  I honestly can't do it without still crying.  This precious little eaglet touched my heart like nothing has touched it in a long time.  Before I knew it, I was loving this little precious girl as if she were my own.  I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is for those who live on Hornby Island physically being able to see her while I only viewed her from the Cam.  My heart feels your pain.  Phoe, you were loved more than you can imagine.  I will always love you and never forget you.  Fly highm with the angels, my precious little one!!

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »
Mojita, you are not alone in your feelings.  :heart  Glad you posted and shared with us.  Phoenix will be remembered by so many people who cared for her. She lives on in our hearts and memories.   
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline Yorkshires lass

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:56 PM »
I have never posted to the site before but I watched little Phoenix every single day until the day she left us.  I checked on her in the morning, kept the website open with the sound turned down at work and checked every evening until it got dark.  This was the first web "community" I have been a part of and that little eagle captured my heart.  I knew watching her try to breathe the last day that I was watching her die.  It was much the same as my 13 year old doxie when she was experiencing heart failure.  I cried for days after Phoenix died and couldn't bear to look at any pictures.  Some of my favorite photos are from Bonnibarb and I plan on using a few of them to do a painting in memory of "my little Phoenix."  For now, the pain is still real.

I ordered and read the book by Doug Carrick.  i am thankful to all those who allow us into the lives of the Hornby Eagles.  I am thankful to those who took Phoenix down from the nest -it helped to bring a little closure.   Thank you for teaching us about wildlife, eagles and the amazing way God has designed these animals to care and nurture their young.  The scripture from Isaiah 40:31 now has even more meaning to me ( "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and now grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"). 

I am hooked - and will be waiting to see the return in October of Mom and Pop Hornby.  Thank you again - what a life experience this has been.  I miss you Phoenix.

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »
Thank you for sharing Yorkshires and welcome to the forum. It is dear to read the comments from others. We are lucky to have compassionate freinds on the chat. Sit back, look around, make yourself at home and if you have any questions let me know. Hugs, Rajame  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »
Here's a memory that was scary at first but turned out ok!

CLICK
Jean, California

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »
beans, I remember watching that and there were a few hearts that skipped several beats. But all ended well in that saga.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »
Yikes Beans! That was scary.  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
beans, thanks for that video!
It brought tears to my eyes to hear that lovely screeping & churbling again.  :eccry
& i LOVE how Phoenix charges at Dad & tells him to leave!
She was such a character.
How can she be gone?   :ecnono
wooohoooo!

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
I have been thinking about Phoenix lately  ......  so I wrote a poem for her.

I Dreamed - A Poem for Phoenix

I dreamed of an eaglet
Who would take to the sky
Soaring high on thermals
New wings held proudly wide

I dreamed she would feel the thrill
Of wind beneath her wings
And enjoy her newfound freedom
And learn of eagle things

I found my dream was shared
By many people, far and wide
Who watched the eaglet develop
And also longed to see her fly

But sometimes dreams are shattered
They become nightmares instead
I dreamed Id see the eaglet fly
Never dreamt Id see her dead

But there are dreams that change
And I must try to understand
This eaglet was not meant to fly
For her there was another plan

She was to become a symbol
For wildlife and their plight
She opened peoples hearts to care
That other eaglets should take flight

And though my dream was altered
I now feel a special joy and pride
For when I see an eagle soaring
I know that Phoenix soars right beside

2010 luvthebirds
09-06-2010
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 05:28:34 AM »
I love your poem luv. Phoenix is still bringing important recognition to the plight of wildlife everywhere. She soars high with inspiration and life as her purpose.

:heart

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
Yes she does, soar, Luv.  Higher and further than any eagle has ever flown...all around the world and for many years to come.  Thank you for putting it into words and sharing them with us. :s*
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir