Author Topic: Memories of Phoenix  (Read 132423 times)

Offline bubble

Re: Memories of Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »
I wrote a poem to the memory of (in memory ?) Phoenix but in French my mother tongue (?)

De ton œuf je t'ai vu sortir
Jour après jour je t'ai vu grandir
De ton premier poisson je t'ai vu te nourrir
Mais jamais je n'aurais voulu te voir mourir

Avec toi, j'ai passé des moments de pur bonheur
Tu as touché mon âme, tu as touché mon cœur
Tu étais mon soleil, mon arc-en-ciel, ma petite fleur
Je t'ai observé de longs moments, de longues heures

Tu es partie trop vite, trop soudainement
Un grand vide s'est installé, lourd et pesant
Tu me manques, tu me manques tellement
Je pleure ton absence, je souffre infiniment

Le destin a voulu que tu t'envoles beaucoup trop tôt
A présent tu planes ailleurs, loin de nous, loin des tiens
Devenue petit ange, tu voles de plus en plus haut
J'aime à croire que où tu es maintenant tu es bien

Je t'aime et je ne t'oublierai jamais Phoenix  :heart

Offline barberella

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »
In memory of our sweet little Phoenix.  :heart

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCnL8hArW8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCnL8hArW8</a>

Offline BigBird

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
I swore to myself I would not come back and do this to myself any longer, but today I've come back to honour dear, sweet Phoenix ... that she lived, that she was loved, that she died.

I joined the forum and the Hornby Eagle cam in 2006, and along with the rest of the world, fell in love with Ma and Pa Hornby. Many of us recall the heartache of that first year, and can never forget Ma's cry from the centre of her being. We shared with them the disappointment of the year that followed, last year's celebration with the arrival of Hope and Echo, and the devastation that surrounded Echo's death.

I'm heartbroken that beautiful Phoenix is gone. Another loss for Ma and Pa, and all of us who care. Our hopes dashed for the beloved Hornby's, for a healthy, majestic and spirited Phoenix to soar the skies as a fresh new symbol of nature's beauty and strength. Gone our hopes for this magnificent creature; gone another little part of our hearts ... our worlds saddened today today.

But with their short lives and untimely deaths, both Echo and Phoenix have reaffirmed to each of us that we have love and caring in our hearts and souls. As long as we are alive, we can be hurt ... but as long as we can hurt, we are alive.

I have had both my only children die, and know that the loss and pain of today is ultimately replaced with wonderful memories and hope for tomorrow. Like our children, the Hornby Island eagles are nature's gift to us, and nature's lesson to us that as long as we care and have hope, there can be sadness and disappointment ... and just like The Hornbys, we will continue with power, strength and courage. Although Echo and Phoe are gone, we still have HOPE

And to those who question if there is something wrong with them for caring so deeply ... One day I was crying over a dead chipmunk, when my neighbour and dear friend, a scientific-minded medical doctor, came over to visit. When I apologized for being so upset over a dead chipmunk, my friend said "The world would be a much better place if there were more tender-hearted people like you".

And just as sure as daytime will always have a night
It is through each cloud of darkness that we recall the light
Rest softly little Phoenix in your eyrie in the sky
With each passing shadow, we know that you still fly

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »
Barbarella, your video is so moving!  Bubbles, I needed my French dictionary-- well worth pulling it off the shelf for your beautiful poem.  And Bigbird, so glad you posted.  My heart goes out to you.  Bless you and your family.  Lovely tributes to Phoenix.
Jean, California

Offline nuthatch

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 11:12:31 AM »
The delight of watching Phoenix grow was a 1st time experience for me. I eagerly watched as Phoenix changed over the last couple of months. I remember the tender way he was sheltered when it rained. The way Phoenix hid from the wind. The sound she made when food was brought to the nest by her devoted parents. I also remember the first sneeze and the suttle changes that followed. I was so sure I would see Phoenix fly for the first time. I will truly miss precious Phoenix.

Nuthatch(new arrival)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
I was watching one of the videos and saw one of the parents preening Phoenix's leg, awww  so precious.
beth
from California

Offline zephyrz

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
:
Sweet Phoe,
You have gone to soar with the angels but your spirit remains on Hornby Island and will live on forever in our hearts.  You were so stong and brave and I am very grateful that I was able to observe your life on earth.
I love and miss you (((Phoe))).

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
awww beans, it was your video where I saw parent preen Phoenix's leg.

I think this video by eagle_lover belongs here too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe1xb1_gone-to-soon_animals

and in this video, towards the end, is where Phoenix bites Mom's leg. lol
beth
from California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »
I loved that moment, emc.  I had to choose between two clips to add at that point of of the "Remembering Phoenix" video. 

The other clip is here, in this video:

Don't Bite My Tail

Phoenix looks like she is wearing a little hat.  :eclove
Jean, California

Offline Love4eagles

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »
What precious memories of Phoenix!

Thanks everyone for sharing!!!!

Cheryl

Offline barberella

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:31 AM »
I ran across this video on youtube just now.  It's about intruders near the nest on Mother's Day, and how mom and dad reacted... sounding the alert, and getting stressed, while our little Phoenix barely stirred from her nap.  :heart

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpACwFsK5AI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpACwFsK5AI</a>

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
That was quite a dust-up, and Madame Hornby was panting when she finally returned to her perch on top of the close-up cam.  They don't allow other Bald Eagles in their territory.
Jean, California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »
Eaglets are told to go flat and still when there is any threat.
beth
from California

Offline jdarnall2001

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »
I loved listened to Phoe sing like a little teapot! So I made a recording so I can listen to her sing forever. You can use this as a ringtone too if you wanted to. Oh how I miss my sweet Phoe!

http://www.mytinyphone.com/ringtone/1318657
Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength;They will mount up with wings like eagles,They will run and not get tired,They will walk and not become weary.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
jdarnall

Thanks for the nostalgic recording of Phoenix!
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.