Author Topic: Mac self help group  (Read 81291 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Mac self help group
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
Does anyone know how to make clickable pictures using a Mac?   Boonibarb and BBE explained how to do it using a PC in the Technical Forum, and it also would be nice if Mac users could do it, too.   :nod2

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=3.0
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 02:52:51 PM »
It's the same way using photobucket. I don't know about using any other hosting service.
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 03:17:15 PM »
I  use Flickr for my pictures.  I know where to find the URL and HTML codes.  Just need to know how to link and make a thumbnail clickable the way the PC users can with the instructions Boonibarb and BBE gave them.   :ecsmile

I think that I'll check on the Flickr Help pages and see if they can tell us how to do it.   :nod2

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline cercis

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »
Tiger, if you hover your cursor over one of your thumbnails in Photobucket some link codes will be displayed under it.  One is for putting a photo in email or instant message.  Another called "IMG code" is for putting the photo in a post.  Yet another called "IMG thumb" is the code for putting a clickable thumbnail in your post.  All you have to do is copy the code and paste it into your post.  If you get other links besides these, you  can customize the ones that come up for you by clicking Image Options which is displayed under the links.

To give credit where it is due - I think it was Madrona who taught me this, but it might have been BBE.   :puzzled2

If you use the 'Img code' option our forum software will resize it to keep it from scrolling our screens, but if you want us to be able to click for the larger version use the 'Img thumb' option.
--- suzi ---

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 12:52:34 AM »
Cercis, thanks for responding to my question.  I use Flickr, rather than Photobucket.  I know how to get the codes for posting, but I've never used them for doing links to anything other than within Flickr and now here (birthday cake picture).  I want to make sure that no one will have access to my photos there unless I give them permission.  We have several levels of permissions available in flickr, so I guess I could make it the 'Public" one if I park something that will be clickable there, like a puzzle.  (I'll try it out and see what happens.)   I found the "clickable image" buttons here, per your suggestion.   Thank you.    :ecsmile

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 08:40:07 AM »
Tigerlady, my Photobucket account is private.
But i can still post fotos from there, without my whole album being visible.
The b*day card for Dotwad is an example.
If you click on my card, you don*t see the rest of my fotos.
Maybe flickr is the same?
i notice when i upload fotos there, the first thing you get to choose is your privacy setting for that foto.
Maybe at that point is where you can choose who can see what?
There is also a privacy area where you can adjust the privacy for all your fotos at once.
wooohoooo!

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »
Yes, I can do that now at Flickr, Booni.  I usually put my photos and screen caps on private there.   The way to make clickable links may be different though.  I'm going to try using the buttons here when I get back home and see how that works.  Thanks for your comments and interest in helping me.   :eclove

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
Does anyone know how to enlarge the font size in the chat rooms (on a Mac)?  The WildEarth.tv chat room font size is a little small for me.  I know how to enlarge it here on the forum.  Suggestions would be appreciated!   :nod2

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
Hi tigerlady,

I do not believe that the font size can be changed in the chat no matter what you are using. That is why some choose to use "bold" or "caps" to help them see what they have typed. Doesn't help visually challenged people to see what others post though.  :ecnono Even some find the colored fonts helps. That would be another thing on our "wish list" for WE, I would think. I would much rather have a size option than an italics option.  :nod2 Sure wish I could tell you how!
"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
Hi tigerlady,

I do not believe that the font size can be changed in the chat no matter what you are using. That is why some choose to use "bold" or "caps" to help them see what they have typed. Doesn't help visually challenged people to see what others post though.  :ecnono Even some find the colored fonts helps. That would be another thing on our "wish list" for WE, I would think. I would much rather have a size option than an italics option.  :nod2 Sure wish I could tell you how!

Thanks, BV.  I have been using bold and blue, but you're right about that not helping to see other people's posts.  I'm going to ask Raptorman if he can include that request when he talks with Peter and Graham about several things he will request.

It's very nice of you to respond to my question...I hope we can find a way to enlarge the font for anyone who wants/needs to have it bigger.   :nod2

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »
Tigerlady: did you try going to view, check zoom text only and zoom it in?  I think it enlarges it a tiny bit, but not very much.  See what you think.
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, EMC.  That "zoom text" option enlarged only the other text on that web cam page, but NOT the chat room text...   :eclol  It may be something that WildEarth.tv has to do, if it's even possible.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »
I vaguely recall someone on one the WE Chats asking about the 'size of type' and the answer was unable to enlarge. ??  Even with my PC if I click the text size - it only enlarges web or forum page type.  That, the speed it moves at and my schedule = the three reasons I am seldom on the WE Chats.  :eclol
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »
Hi, BBE.  Raptorman suggested that I send a request to Zaplive.tv, asking that they consider addressing the type size, at least in their next version for the chat rooms.

I did send them a note, so we'll see what they say about it.  

From what I can tell, there are quite a few people who are regular watchers of the WildEarth.tv live cams who find that the type is too small.

Here is the message I sent to Zaplive.tv:

"Would it be possible to enlarge the type font in the Chat Rooms you provide to those of us who watch the WildEarth.tv live cams?

Some of our regular viewers have trouble reading the posts because the type size is quite small, especially for older viewers or those who are disabled.

We have quite a few older viewers who watch the WildEarth.tv Djuma cam and the Hornby Eagle Nest Cam.

It would be wonderful if this could be addressed, at least in the next Zaplive.tv version, if not the current one.

Sincerely,

Cathy G."

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »
Tigerlady, well written letter and I thank you for doing that.  I hope they hold onto the request.

WE is currently having their own computer issues (5 computer crashes while we watched the leopards this morning CAT) and other problems.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013