Author Topic: Own A One of A Kind Eagle Quilt  (Read 35161 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Own A One of A Kind Eagle Quilt
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 11:03:43 PM »
Foldi, the quilt is beautiful!  It will be a precious treasure for the person who has the winning bid.    :eclove  I hope they will want to display it as a wall hanging so that more people will be able to enjoy seeing your lovely work. 

You have real talent for creating the design and making it all work so well together.  It must have taken many hours and what a generous donation you are making to our Hornby eagles project!   :clap 

((Hugs))   :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
Love the backart, foldi!!  Perhaps you can add that to the description on eBay?

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 06:52:24 PM »
Foldi, I just looked on eBay, day two and doing extremely well.   I wish you all the best and also thank you for your generosity.  When I return from a short trip I will be anxious to see who the lucky winner was.

All the best.

:eclove
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »
19 bids now - $405 US  :thumbsup
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline fol-di-rol

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »
Eagles in the Sun

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their support of this project, and for their bids.  It has already gone way beyond my expectations, and I feel quite humbled by the whole experience.

Secondly, as far as I can tell, no-one other than the Hornby folks is bidding on the quilt, and I have not publicized it elsewhere, as I would really like it to go to one of our number. 

The only people I have sent the link to are a few friends and relatives, who would not be interested in bidding on a quilt about eagles in any case.

This is my first experience with selling on eBay and I have absolutely no control over the terms and conditions which have to be agreed to in order to become a Seller.  eBay will charge a percentage fee dependent upon the final selling price, so at the moment I do not know what that will be.  There are also minor charges for setting up the auction process. 

Also I have agreed that no shipping charges will be billed to the Buyer, and this cost will be met out of the proceeds before I make my final donation to the Hornby Eagle Project.   I live close enough to the Canada/US border that I can mail it on either side without too much problem. 

Please let me know if there are any further questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Again, many thanks for your support - it's all about our lovely eagles!

fol-di-rol

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »

You are just wonderful fol!!!
wooohoooo!

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »
Secondly, as far as I can tell, no-one other than the Hornby folks is bidding on the quilt, and I have not publicized it elsewhere, as I would really like it to go to one of our number. 

We advertised the auction on the Hornby Eagles Facebook page (on Friday). Hornby Eagles Facebook page

Many people commented how beautiful the quilt is, and wished they could afford it. :thumbsup

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »
Foldi---- you are amazing -- thank you. Yes Nancym that quilt is absolutely beautiful and I wish I was one that could afford it but alas--- I know it will go to a good home.  Thanks so much foldi-- you are very talented!!!! xoxo

Offline FordFan

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
RE: The Quilt:   Being a quilter myself, and having gone to MANY quilt exhibits & shows, I can tell you that this is a stunning piece of art, and it appears the precision workmanship is very good!  Groups like Ducks Unlimited often raffle items such as this for upwards of $1000 USD.   The winner of the bid will own an outstanding reminder of "our" Phoenix.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
Day 5 - 21 bids - $455 US   :thumbsup

(Just recording the wonderful progress in this thread.)

Offline ajfe

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
Foldi..
The quilt is a work of art! Where did you find fabric with eagles like that? The colours are beautiful and create this warm glow. I am sure who ever gets it will treasure it. I'm only sorry it can't be me. Thank you so much for what you are doing for the Hornby Eagles. :clap :clap :clap

Offline artist

• Brigid's Broom Closet
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »
Foldi,

Your wonderful quilt is getting lots of bids and it is wonderful you are donating it to the Hornby Eagles. There is just over 4 days left to bid on the quilt and many like to bid at the last minute. I predict your quilt will top out at more than $500.00 US.

I have been tossing around the idea of putting my minature magnetic painting of the Bald Eagle on Ebay and donating the proceeds also. However I am working on a smaller 1" in circumference painting in a two sided locket of the Eagles and putting it up on Ebay. Who knows maybe I will do both.

Best of luck to you and your quilt, it is gorgeous.

Artist.
To some I'm a dream to others, a nightmare.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
22 bids - $470 US this morning!   :thumbsup

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
up to $500 now  :eceek

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »
Wonderful!  So nice to see the quilt being appreciated so well.

Artist: please let us know when you put your item(s) up on ebay also. :)
beth
from California