Author Topic: DVD of the Eagles of Hornby Island - 2009 season  (Read 22144 times)

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
DVD of the Eagles of Hornby Island - 2009 season
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »
Support the Hornby Eagle Project

DVD of The Eagles of Hornby Island now available!

My Shadow Productions is a small company owned by two of our wonderful supporters, Cawatcher and jaybigler. They produce beautiful wildlife DVDs, incorporating much of Cawatcher's inspiring photography.  They have recently created a DVD of the Hornby Eagles and are now making it available for purchase.  My Shadow Productions has generously offered to produce and ship the DVDs and will gift all proceeds (after a small shipping & handling fee is deducted) to the Hornby Eagle Group.

The 26-minute-long DVD includes stills from  Doug Carrick’s webcam recordings, boonibarb's beautiful photography of Mom and Dad Hornby, and cam shots of their young from past years. The webcam stills and the photographs are woven together with the beautiful music of composer Brian Crain, who has graciously allowed use of his music in this Hornby Eagles DVD.  His music is available at http://www.briancrain.com/

The price is $20.00 per DVD, which includes shipping and handling. As the group is not an incorporated non-profit organization at this time, your gift is not tax deductible.

Orders and payment can be made to “My Shadow Productions” in one of two ways:

1. If you have a PayPal account, log in and click on the "Send Money" tab. The email address to use for the "Recipient" is: myshadowproductions@comcast.net  Be sure to indicate the DVD that you are ordering and include your mailing address.

2. Pay by check by sending your order and payment to:

My Shadow Productions
PO Box 1618
Valley Springs, CA  95252

You can contact My Shadow Productions, creator of the DVD, by email at myshadowproductions@comcast.net or by letter to the address above.

For more information on how you can support the Hornby Eagle project, see the support page on our website www.HornbyEagles.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqM4i6FN9k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqM4i6FN9k</a>

Many thanks from the Hornby Eagle Group to Cawatcher and jaybigler for their artistry and generosity!

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: DVD of the Eagles of Hornby Island now available!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
Wonderful!  I just ordered my copy of the DVD and can't wait to get it!  Many thanks to Cawatcher and Jay, for creating the DVD and donating the proceeds to our Hornby Eagle Group as a fund-raising effort! :grouphug2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
Californiawatcher sent me my own advanced copy of this dvd, & last night i watched it THREE TIMES!!!
Kept me up WAY past my bedtime!
The music she*s chosen, & the way she*s put the fotos together with it, is just thrilling.
i may be a bit biased, as i love looking at all the fotos, but you all are gonna just LOVE this dvd!
Cali has done a MAGNIFICENT job of this!    :nod2
i can*t even imagine the hours of work & the skill that went into this.
Thank you cali & jay for your dedication to this project.
& i am so proud that my fotos have been used in this way!    :biggrin6
wooohoooo!

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
I received my DVD that is about the Eagles of Hornby Island from My Shadow Productions last week . It was a very emotional DVD for me to watch as the photos and music helped to recreate the feelings that I have for this pair of eagles just from watching it. This DVD will not disappoint! Beautifully put together, it will be treasured by all. So touching!

Thank you CAwatcher and JayBigler for a magnificent DVD that will allow me to continue to enjoy this wonderful pair of eagles for years to come.

Bravo! 
  :clap

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
I just have to praise this DVD. I received mine today and just finished watching it.  WOW!!  The photography is so terrific you could count the feathers in some of the scenes.  I couldn't begin to name a favorite scene tho, way too many to love.  :eclove

Thank you Brian Crain for the music.  I especially liked the music as Hope takes off. Perfection.......

Thank you to the Carricks and to their neighbors for allowing the cam and access to it for the photographer, Boonibarb.
beth
from California

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
My day just improved 100%.  :biggrin6  I came home and there was the DVD.  I have now watched it x 2.  Eyes moist, but a smile on my face and some chuckles.

Cawatcher and Jay, bravo on an awesome job. The DVD is a winner. I applaud your time, energy and effort. Thank you.

What can I say, am awesome production. Thank so much to everyone who helped with creation of this beautiful DVD.  Brian, the music is perfect, and thank you for donating same. Booni you are indeed 'The photographer to Mum & Dad Hornby'. Some great photos were found from various people - well done and thanks. The local photography around and from Grassy Point used was sheer genius.

I loved the list of credits - cleverly done.  And of course many thanks to Doug and Sheila, without whom we would never have met and fallen in love with Mum and Dad Hornby.

:grouphug2

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline horse28

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
Can 'we foreigners' also purchase?  :biggrin3 And if so, what about shipping costs to Europe?? Thanks.

Offline Raptorman

• The Eagles of White Rock
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
I received my Hornby Eagles DVD yesterday. It's absolutely awesome!
Thank you so much Cali!

Offline RMB

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
I also want to say thanks for a job well done  :heart
The production was so artistic and so beautiful. Very moving, and a wonderful keepsake from last year's season.
I would highly recommend it for all eagle lovers!
The music is lovely and soothing, and really contributes to the overall effect.
Thank you so much for all your hard work and time. :nod2

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »
Can 'we foreigners' also purchase?  :biggrin3 And if so, what about shipping costs to Europe?? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying, horse28  (slow forum made it hard to get in here)

MyShadowProductions (cali and jay) said that shipping costs to Europe would be covered by the basic US $20 cost of the DVD.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »
I luv watching my copy of the DVD.  You did a wonderful job, Cawatcher and Jay.  Bob Crain's music is just right!  It's a treasure to keep and watch often.  Thank you.   :eclove

The Hornby Eagles DVD seems to be making a big hit and people say it arrives quickly in the U.S., too.  I haven't seen how fast it is getting to the people who order them in Canada, since it has to go through Customs.

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
I think they deliver in a little blue boat like Doug's in Canada.  :biggrin3
But you are most certainly right about it being a treasure.

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
I MUST have the DVD  :pray  Question about payment please. U.S or Canadian $. Also what extra shipping to U.K?
My paypal account is waiting   :ecwink

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »
Maria, $20 USD will cover all costs, including shipping to the UK.  :ecsmile

Offline Maria dB

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 06:33:16 AM »
Thanks Nancy. I will by NOW  :biggrin3 
Hugs M x