Author Topic: Eagle Activities For Kids  (Read 25158 times)

Offline The XS Medium

• Heavenly Medium
Re: Eagle Activities For Kids
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
Again, thank you to each of you. Nadia has seen your comments and they make her feel really good about herself. She respects all of your opinions. Nadia and I were here all during last season from begining to end. We are both very excited for this nesting season and hopeful that this year will also be successful for Ma and Pa Hornby.

I am chock full of creative and fun ideas for children to use as learning tools. I am a life long animal person both domestic and wild and am a retired vet tech. My property was recently certified by the National Wildlife Federation® as a Certified Wildlife Habitat™ and we (me and Nadia) are listed on the National Registry as such. I am also certified by Cornell as a Nest Watcher and must submit all of my field data to them accordingly. By next month, I hope to have my wildlife rehabilitators license. If I can ever be of any assistance to your children with a report or project ideas I would be honored to help out in any way that I can.

Thanks again everyone. We are so glad you have enjoyed her project.

With warm gratitude,
Diane The XS Medium
& Nadia
~~Diane The XS Medium~~~
heavenlymedium.com

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:13 PM »
Nadia and The XS Medium, you both deserve thanks from all of us for sharing such an interesting project.  I'm looking forward to learning more about what you are doing with your habitat and perhaps you can show us some pictures.  It would be a treat for us to see them.   :ecsmile

Also, please tell us more about your wildlife rehab experiences, as you have time.  How exciting that Nadia and you can do things together that are so important to the well-being of the animals, birds, and the environment!   :heart
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Batgirl

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
 Lil  Bat stayed at my moms house this weekend and when I went to pick him up my niece was there.. She is 2 weeks younger than Lil Bat and has been watching the eagle cam with my mom..  When Serena seen me at my moms she got all excited and just had to show me the picture she had drawn for me.. I didn't know what kind of picture to expect seeing as she is only 4, to my surprise this is what she presented to me..

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
Batgirl,

Serena did a wonderful job of drawing the picture of the eagles!  What a bright girl she must be to do so well at her age!  Thank you so much for telling us about it and sharing the sweet gift she made for you here with us.   :eclove

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
Batgirl

Thanks for posting this adorable drawing of Mom eagle and Phoenix as seen by a child.   :heart
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
Batgirl, such creative mind for 4 year old Serena. Congratulations Serena, it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I am sure that Doug would like to see this too.   :ecsmile
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline MaggiesMom

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 05:18:21 AM »
I spend a lot of time with all you eagleholics - but I also spend a lot of time with a group of Crazy Cat Ladies - and yesterday one of them in Texas surprised me with an eagle link for kids. I can't think of any city website in the US that provides a subsite for kids.  This was pretty impressive.  Surrey BC website for children with four games to play -hosted by Blazer the Eaglet! http://www.surrey.ca/kids/4637.aspx Hope this link is live - otherwise you'll have to copy and paste!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:40:52 AM by passerine »
"If you slow things down, you notice things you hadn't seen before." - Robert Wilson, director, author, videographer

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
Thankyou for the link, MaggiesMom.

What a cute idea to have an eaglet hosting their site for kids!

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
I really enjoyed the games.  :biggrin3

Very nice to see the subsite, as you say. Thanks for sharing MaggiesMom.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
Thank you, Maggiesmom.  I'm looking forward to taking a look at it.  Hopefully, the teachers who join us here also will want to look at that site to find out if they might use it in their classrooms

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
Look at what these 1st and 2nd graders have done! Some great ideas for all of us!  :biggrin6

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=248.msg103735#msg103735
beth
from California