Author Topic: How to Save Received and Sent Personal Messages (PMs)  (Read 4840 times)

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
How to Save Received and Sent Personal Messages (PMs)
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
How to Save Received and Sent Personal Messages (PMs)

1. To save received PMs ~ in a place other than leaving them here in your 'Inbox':
  • Click on 'Profile' (on the Taskbar under your Avatar)
  • Click on 'Modify Profile'
  • Click on 'Personal Message Options'
  • At the bottom of the page make sure you enable both options (with a tick in the box) and that
  • 'Always' shows in the drop down box next to 'Notify by email every time you receive a personal message'.

This way you will receive an email informing you of new messages; which you can then save in a designated area / folder on your personal (non Forum) email system.

Note: Please be careful not to inadvertently click on the 'Reply' button of the email, because the recipient will not receive a copy as the message will go the Forum's main system.  You must always return to the Forum's PM area to send a reply.

2. To save PMs you sent ~ in a place other than leaving them here in your 'Outbox':
  • 'Copy' them and
  • Email them to your personal computer address.
  • Save the PM  in a designated area / folder on your personal email system.

Reviewed and Revised Aug. 23, 2010 /BBE
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:58:47 PM by BBE »
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: PM (Personal Message) System
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
Thanks, BBE. I've been doing that, too.  Now I'll pay attention to how many I've saved here at the forum and keep it under 100.    :eclol
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »
Very good ideas, thank you. I did wonder if the "inbox" limitation of 100 messages meant sent items also - it wasn't clear. It could have meant 50 of each (so to speak). TigerLady when your box was full and you had to remove some, did you pay any attention to see if there were in fact 100 messages in the inbox alone or would it have been a sum of all the messages in your PM system?
Laura, Wimbledon, London UK - HEG

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:52:26 AM »
Very good ideas, thank you. I did wonder if the "inbox" limitation of 100 messages meant sent items also - it wasn't clear. It could have meant 50 of each (so to speak). TigerLady when your box was full and you had to remove some, did you pay any attention to see if there were in fact 100 messages in the inbox alone or would it have been a sum of all the messages in your PM system?

Laura, I didn't look at the total, but I had 4 pages of saved messages that I received in the inbox, so if they each have 25 PMs it would be 100.  That doesn't include messages I sent.

I went through quickly and deleted some I knew didn't need saving in order to make room.
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:44:27 AM »
That's interesting, so it probably does mean 100 messages in the inbox, not in your whole PM system.
Laura, Wimbledon, London UK - HEG