Author Topic: WELCOME to Kids' Corner  (Read 4832 times)

Offline Blue

• HEG
WELCOME to Kids' Corner
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »
WELCOME
to all children, students & teachers

The Hornby Eagle Group extends a big welcome to teachers and students to participate in sharing and learning about bald eagles, their habitat, and caring for all wildlife and the environment.

The Kids' Corner of Our Nature Zone is intended to be an area where students and teachers can discuss these topics, find answers to questions, and enjoy watching the Hornby Eagle Web cams together.

We hope that teachers will want to have a thread devoted to their classroom and use it to encourage learning and stimulate curiosity and enthusiasm in their students. Please ask for your own thread by posting here in this thread or email us at kidscorner@ournaturezone.com  

We also invite children who have accompanied an adult here to join in on the fun of discussing and learning about eagles.  There are some eagle-related puzzles and other activities in this area.

Knowledgeable members of Our Nature Zone will assist you and answer questions.

----------------------

The Kid's Corner GUIDE (click) will help you explore the areas of Our Nature Zone that are related to the Hornby eagles.  The GUIDE also has links to the website, The Eagles Of Hornby Island (click).

-----------------------

This thread is a place where you can say hello, post comments, and ask questions.
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline The XS Medium

• Heavenly Medium
Re: WELCOME to Kids' Corner
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »
I have pictures of a science project that I worked on with my granddaughter that was on the Bald Eagle. She recreated a nest and was loaded with data. She won an Honorable Mention for it. It is a visual stunner. May I post the 2 pictures of her nest here?

Thank you for considering this.  :ecsmile
~~Diane The XS Medium~~~
heavenlymedium.com

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:40:42 AM »
So nice to hear from you XS.  We would love to see the nest you and your grandaughter made.  

(We are just going to put a new thread here called Eagle Activities For Kids.  I read of a project for children to recreate a nest.  They even suggesting using only one hand to simulate the eagle using its beak.   :eceek)

Please post the pictures in the new thread which will be here in Kids' Corner today.

Welcome to Kids' Corner to you and your grandaughter!
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline The XS Medium

• Heavenly Medium
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
Hi Blue, yes, I've been scarce but ready to go another nesting season! I will happily post Nadia's pictures once you have posted the new thread. This forum is excellent for the kids. Thank you for creating this for them. It is VITAL that our little ones become aware of the nature around them. I teach this to kids constantly and they truly love it! THEY are our future. We need them to understand so much and so does Mother Earth.

Nadia got alot of information on Bald Eagles using this forum. And it was all in one place too! No hopping around the net trying to gather everything she needed!

Thank you to everyone who created this Kids Corner. Thank you especially to Doug for helping to give our children this wonderful opportunity to see nature live.

~~Diane The XS Medium~~~
heavenlymedium.com