Author Topic: Cascades Raptor Center (Oregon)  (Read 41614 times)

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
Re: Cascades Raptor Center
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
Wonderful news beans . I love a Happy ending.  He's beautiful . :ecsmile

Offline boodle317

• HEGPS
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
Beans!   Fantastic news!  What a cool bird!

Offline watermaid

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
I am glad he will have a nicer place to be trained.  Wonderful story.   :heart

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
Beans, it's wonderful to read the good news about Raven and also the Toyota!   :thumbup:

It looks as if Raven will have a special new home and excellent care.  He'll be a good ambassador and teacher when he's ready to be an education bird.   :eclove

I was gone when the news about CRC winning the Toyota was posted.  They certainly will put it to good use!   :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline PamNY

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
Wonderful story and video of the raven. So glad he will have a wonderful life.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
Wonderful news beans!  He is a busy little guy. :ecwink He will be happy in his new home.  :biggrin6

Is the story of his vision here somewhere?

No, I haven't talked about him until now.  Was waiting until I knew he would be transferred. 

A new baby Raven (who is self-feeding) came in last week at Lindsay.  When education Raven leaves, baby will be moved into his aviary after it is thoroughly cleaned.  I'll post about him in the Lindsay thread. He's releasable, so I won't be playing with him --  but I'll make sure he has an interesting variety of food around his aviary and lots of clean water for drinking and bathing.

I have Raven Fever and there is no known cure.  :ecwink
Jean, California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
I'll take pictures of our Raven, after he's settled in at Cascades Raptor Center. 

I'll see him two more times at Lindsay (Tues & Thurs) before he leaves.  I'll get a picture of him there, too.
Jean, California

Offline scotiamesh

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
Thank you so much Beans, for your work with the Raven. It's great to hear that he has a new, wonderful, careing home and be taught to participate in an educational program.  Your work, time and efforts are appreciated. Thanks again ... :ecsmile

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
beans, I am so pleased to read about the Raven being ready for his new home. I think you have become fond of him and while happy is going to a new home, you'll miss him.

Will you get to assist with the new raven?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:41 PM »
I started working with the new Raven today.  We want to keep him wild, and at the same time he needs to trust those of us who feed him.  He's very young, a fledgling, and the inside of his beak is pink.  :eclove

To read more, click this link:  Lindsay Wildlife Hospital
Jean, California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
Well, good news from CRC in regard to our Raven!  I received an email from Louise Shimmel this afternoon, and I don't think she would mind my sharing it with you:

The raven seems to be doing quite well!  Yesterday, while Rachel was still here, he actually came out of his kennel and onto the upturned crate (we set him up just like he had it down there) Rachel gave him a lot of water from a syringe but he wasnt too interested in meal worms. He vocalized a lot; today not so much just a little and softer. He was still in the doorway of his carrier this morning early but by 9:30 or so was up on his high perch?  (We have a ramp from next to his feeding platform up so he found that.)  I saw him lean out of his carrier this morning and drink water (I found him some white bowls!)  but not eat so far, though hes taking mealworms from the hand.  He seems totally unphased by having a half a dozen or more visitors surrounding his enclosure, and is preening and stretching.  Id like to see him explore to the other end of his enclosure (hes got a long perch from where he is) but for now Id be happy if I were sure he knew how to get back down to his food and water.  I just sent a volunteer in to hold his water bowl up to him and see if hell eat some.  But just wanted you to know that he seems to be adjusting!

Of course, I knew he would be in good hands with her and her staff.  Still--  it was very thoughtful of her to take some time during her very busy day and send me this update.   :eclove

NB:  Rachel is Lindsay's Wildlife Rehabilitation Manager
Jean, California

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
That was extremely kind.  :eclove  She knows how much this raven means to you.  :ecwink
beth
from California

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:03 AM »
Beans, that was very thoughtful of her to send you such a nice report about Raven.  He really will do well with that kind of care.  I hope all goes well and that he can fulfill his new role as an education bird when he's ready to do it.   :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 04:35:12 AM »
Ohhh in my mind's eye I can see him thrilling the children and adults with his expressions, and perhaps antics. Lol
beth
from California

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
He has a lot of personality!  Hopefully, all of his Affection Training will help him be an excellent Education Bird.  I'm so glad he wasn't frightened by the people around his aviary.  He has no reason to be fear people because he has always been treated with kindness, patience, respect, and love.
Jean, California