Author Topic: Help keep the Hornby cam broadcasting!  (Read 42980 times)

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
Re: Help keep the Hornby cam broadcasting!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »

this image can be clicked on to enlarge
I have been typoscount2  & nsbirder then Non4now, but no more,
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
Thank you typos.  What a neat graphic and a great start to help us keep broadcasting this nest and territory.

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
Wonderful Graphic Typos will let all know how  fundraising is going . I am really hoping we can reach goal to keep our cam working for another season .

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:39 PM »

we will be sure top show updates as things progress,  we are grateful for all the comments and support we have received so far

:ty :flower
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »

onward to       ImpInNS

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 07:19:13 PM »
Thank you everyone who has donated to the fundraising effort!   :heart
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 07:20:37 PM »

Mom & Dad Hornby ©boonibarb.

Do You Remember?
The first time you saw Mom or Dad Hornby on the internet?  How exciting it was to realize you were watching the eagles in real time?  How amazing it was to witness the eagles' activities and interactions?

Did You Know?
HEGPS cam operators volunteer their time to provide the views of Dad Hornby and the other eagles and wildlife in his territory.  But there are costs of over $5500 per year to maintain and operate the cam.  The cam is aging and may need to be replaced.

Can You Help?
HEGPS needs funding to keep the cam broadcast online.  If you want to continue to view the cam, and are able to do so, please donate HERE.  Thank you!

Mom on nest Nov 6, 2009 by madrona.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »
I first saw Mom and Dad in April of 2009.  It was love at first sight!! :eclove  I got hooked! I smiled and cried along with so many others my first season with Mom and Dad.  I remember the trajedy with Echo, but also the success of the amazing Hope.  What an eaglet!  And boy, could she wrap Dad around her talons!  She was an eaglet who really knew how to use her voice...... SCREEP, SCREEP, SCREEP!! :chick

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 03:34:14 PM »
my first view of Mom and Dad was  around the  26th of March  2006,

there was very little organized public interaction , but quickly the group that  provided the
internet stream , set up a little forum and it began, people posted what they saw, ( is that blue in the corner, sky or water?,
and what they heard on the cam , ( grunty sounds , a hippo? no one person said they had heard hippos in Africa lol and that wasn't them)
other forums as well started sharing topics and chats started.
The people watching counted switches, when the parents took their turn to incubate.......
hundreds of people , from all over the world who had never seen such an event where glued to
their computers,  the cost of  streaming and the servers needed grew.  As one person lost their
connection to the stream, another watcher came out of the deep dark black  hole,
and the Circle Of Doom ,(the buffering symbol for  dreaded COD)   ruled  , refresh became the mantra .

Nightly news  and  news papers did stories on the eagles , the providers and the people who became
hooked on the eagles....
And  more people became aware of the need to  get involved in the world around them, have come
to know how to give aid to their wildlife,  even though they became  connected through a computer, never
having been able to see and be out in the wildlife areas
onward to       ImpInNS

Offline amazedbyeagles

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
Love your recollections, Imp, of how this nest and these eagles have drawn so many to the world of Wild Birds and other wild life!!!  It is so amazing, how close we feel to these eagles after seeing close up on a nest how they lay eggs, hatch them, raise the little bobbleheads to be big gallant eagles!  Now with the whole territory to see,  our knowledge continues to grow! It's singular and fascinating!  Thank you to HEGPS!!  I'll do as much as I can to add to the fund and help keep this cam going!  :eclove

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
Mom "nestorating" by luvthebirds

Do You Remember?
Learning a whole new language?  Watching the Hornby Eagles make “nestorations”, Dad Hornby “scootch” in the nest bowl, Mom Hornby protecting eaglets with her “Mumbrella”, Eaglet Hope “screeping” for food?  Please feel free to share your memories!

Did You Know?
HEGPS provides a “Diction-aerie” in the OurNatureZone forum HERE, where definitions of the special language of the eagle viewer/chatter reside.  There are also years of history and photos/videos from each breeding season since 2008-2009 HERE.  It costs HEGPS over $5500 per year to maintain the cam and associated websites.

Can You Help?
HEGPS needs funding to keep the cam broadcast online.  If you want to continue to view the cam, and are able to do so, please donate HERE.  Thank you!

Dad "nestorating" by luvthebirds

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »

onward to       ImpInNS

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 06:21:15 AM »
I have been trying to remember when I first saw Mom and Dad on Hornby and I think it was toward the middle of the Hope year.  I was a Sidney watcher and folks had been mentioning this Hornby nest in their chat so I decided to go take a look.  I peeked in on and off through that year and then started watching more the next spring when the egg was laid that became Phoenix. 

I didn't chat at all (at either nest) but more and more reading the chat at Hornby kept me coming back.  I was learning there and absorbing everything I could learn and then going out and trying to find more and more information.  It became more than being entertained by a pair of eagles and an eaglet - it became a search for knowledge about eagles and the environment they live in.

I remained a lurker until Phoenix left us - I was bereft.  It was then that I opened up and decided to join with this group of people who showed how much they loved this young eagle who never had a chance to fly.  The rest is history.  I am continuing to learn and to become active in local enviromental issues.  In short, this nest truly did change the way I think and in some ways, my life.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »

Eagles and Wilson 11-10-09 11-01 am.jpg
by luvthebirds, on Flickr
Mom and Dad with "Wilson" by luvthebirds

Do You Remember?
Phoenix’s record-setting time standing on the wa cam box? (http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=11.msg16745#msg16745 and on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o88fIzYb5Js.) Dudley’s non-hatching memorial chat service? (http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=332.0).  Mom’s Tina Turner hairdo?  Who “Wilson” was?  Dad and Mom Hornby having heated “discussions” over stick placement?  Dad’s proud trill when an egg hatched?  Feel free to share your memories here.

Did You Know?
HEGPS members share these memories with you.  They want to continue to bring new memories as Dad continues his life journey without Mom.  It costs HEGPS over $5500 per year to maintain the cam and associated websites.

Can You Help?
HEGPS needs funding to keep the cam broadcast online.  If you want to continue to view the cam, and are able to do so, please donate at http://www.hornbyeagles.com/support.htm.  Thank you!

Mom and Dad Hornby 10-27-09.jpg
by luvthebirds, on Flickr
"This is not where I wanted the stick!!"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:23:35 PM by NancyM »

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »

click on the image to make the  image larger
onward to       ImpInNS