Author Topic: Tributes to Mojo  (Read 33973 times)

Offline eagle63

Re: Tributes to Mojo
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »

Eagle63

Offline fol-di-rol

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »

She comes sailing on the wind, her wings flashing in the sun
On a journey just begun, she flies on
And in the passage of her flight, her song rings out through the night
Full of laughter, full of light, she flies on

Sincere and heartfelt condolences to all Mojo's family members - she will be missed more than words can tell.  

Last year Maureen visited the west coast with Cali and Jay, and they called in at Orphaned Wildlife rehab facility in Delta, BC, where I was able to catch up with them.  The trip was almost cancelled, as a tree had fallen on Mojo's house in a storm the night before she left!  Such memories she leaves us with.  :heart

Rest in Peace, dear Mojo ...... Pauline

Offline ivani

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

Mojo you a very special person to all of us.
To me, you were very special, because you always had a lot of patience to try to understand me, since I got to chat.
You always had a gentle word, a word loving ...
I will never forget how you was important to me when I was very sad because of the death of my Zezinho. By having their birds, you understood my pain. And in those days, I managed to smile with a beautiful video ... what you did for me.
Unfortunately you do not know personally. But it was not important. I like you as a great friend, as if he were at his side.
I'll feel so much.
I'm sure you're going to a beautiful place, maybe with our Phoenix and my Zezinho .... and from there you will look for all of us, and for your family and feel how much we love you.
Be at peace my dear friend! I will never forget you and I'll never stop loving you.
iff, ivani

Offline auroradawn

• HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
God looked around his garden,
and He found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this earth
and saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you
and lifted you to rest,
God's garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.
He knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never,
get well on earth again.
He saw that the road was
getting rough and the hills
are hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids
and whispered "peace be thine".
It broke our hearts to lose you
but you didn't go alone,
for part of us went with you,
the day God called you home.

Author unknown.

Offline jungleland

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
Thinking of all of you and Mojo's family at this very sad time.  I would not have heard of Mojo if I hadn't found the Hornby Eagle cam.  Because of Mom and Dad Hornby, we all share a bond that has manifested into many different avenues for all of us.  I want to say thank you Mojo for your dedication and contributions to HEGPS.  I'm glad she got the chance to visit Hornby Island.  She will be missed.  May her spirit soar like the eagles we have all come to love. 

My condolences to her family.   :heart  Donna

Offline Kristy

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
"Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow."
 - Robert Louis Stevenson

With heartfelt condolence to Mojo's family and friends. With thoughts of peace and courage in this time of sorrow.
Rest in peace dear Mojo. Thank you for being such a special person to so many. Thank you for always answering my questions and being so kind and happy doing so. I will miss you.

Kristy
A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song.  ~Chinese Proverb

Offline ostrich

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
   I am very sad we won't see Mojo in chat ever again - this is such sad news and my best wishes for her family. 

Offline roxymom1

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
(((((((((mojo)))))))) love and hugs always!

Offline coopmb2

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »
There are no words to convey the sadness and sorrow I feel at this time. Mo Jo (Maureen) was not just an Avatar or typed words on the screen, she was a cyber Friend I wished I had met in person. The Hornby Eagle Chat has meant a lot to me over the past 3 years and Mo Jo was a big part of that. We all learned, laughed and cried over time spent on-line together. Oh - and the parties… what wonderful parties we had ! There will be an empty space on the confusion couch now but the memories will not fade. Mo Jo, your Earthbound Family and your Cyber Family will be with you on your journey as you are with us. Sweet flight lovely Lady - Fly Free. ♥

Offline Caro

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »
My deepest condolences to Mojo's family, Hornby Eagles Group and everyone who was touched by her. May you soar high with Phoenix and the eagles you loved Mojo. You will be in our hearts  :hearts2

Caro~

Offline zuzcat

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
  My condolences to Mo Jo's family and friends and to all of her Hornby chat friends who are in shock and dismay at her passing. 

Hornby Nest was my first introduction to Eagle cams, back in 2006.  Later, I started to post on the Hornby Chat.  There I "met" so many wonderful people. Mo Jo was very helpful, always eager to answer questions in detail about the eagles and other birds, and also with posting issues. 

In the days before her passing, Mo Jo came to my mind many, many times.  I did not know she was having surgery and had not been on chat in a long time due to technical issues and "work" scheduling, so it seemed odd that I would keep thinking of her.  After I heard the sad news, I realized what that was all about.  Mo Jo's Spirit was strong.

Mo Jo was called by God's Eagle Choir and she is now soaring with the Eagles that went before her.  She is in all of our hearts, heavy with sorrow.  She left a great impression in this Earth and all who knew her. Soar Free, Mo Jo. 

Offline Laurad

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
I am so stunned and saddened to hear this news. I just don't know what to say, I'm so sad  :eccry
Laura, Wimbledon, London UK - HEG

Offline blackster1

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »
I am still having trouble processing the loss of our dear Mojo but in many ways she is still with me because of her kindness to all, her love of eagles, singing and of course Solomon.

Fly away

2013-10-22_190428 by jblackster, on Flickr

Offline parksvillebarbie

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
I was so sorry to read of Mojos passing.  She was such a gracious host in the Hornby Eagle Chat.  She was the first one to greet me when I joined in during the year of Phoenix and was always ready to answer my questions.  I send my condolences to her family, friends and all the new chatters whom will never have the chance to be graced by her presence.  Rest in peace, and as I told Havo before he left us, " everytime I see an eagle, I will think of you". 

Hugs,
Barb

Offline Faerie Gardener

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
It is so very hard to find words at a time like this. To Mojo's family: I send my heartfelt wishes for peace, and I join you in the tremendous sadness of your loss. The letters written by Mojo's nieces tell the true story of a cherished life. Those smiling faces in the picture - thank you for sharing them with us.

In the chat room she showed us her delightful, happy spirit. Always resourceful, forever caring, she was also funny and bright, as in the day of the barrage of eagle questions, or even just these past weeks, when no one knew she was concerned about her health. I only recently had a few messaging encounters with her, and her fun-filled spirit was so obvious that I giggled whenever we talked! As if that wasn't enough to endear her to us, we even had the lucky good fortune to enjoy the videos of her singing ("The tall one in the back") and so recently to gaze at the photos of Mojo on Hornby Island!

After the Homecoming contest, she helped me choose my prize, a lovely mug...and she stayed in touch until she was certain it had arrived intact and awesome as she expected. I sent a photo, and her delight in seeing it (she said she had not seen that one in person yet) was magnetic! I think of her whenever I see the mug, and now there is sadness along with those happy thoughts.

Our nest will cradle Mojo's gentle, happy spirit as she soars on eagles' wings. She remains a part of our community, this loving place that she gently helped to mold into what we all cherish.

"Let us be thankful for the people who make us HAPPY. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  -Marcel Proust

"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon