Author Topic: Tributes to Mojo  (Read 33043 times)

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Tributes to Mojo
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
It is with broken hearts that we have to tell you that we have learned that Mojo passed away early Sunday morning. Mojo was a vital part of HEGPS; she touched many people through this forum and our chatroom and we know you loved her as we did.  We ask for your discretion in taking this annoucement to Facebook.  Please respect the family's ability to announce this in social media.

(Note added: we will make a memory book of these posts and send it to her family.)

clickable photo ^^^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:02:50 PM by NancyM »

Online typoscount2

• HEGPS
Re: Tributes to Mojo
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »

I have been typoscount2  & nsbirder then Non4now, but no more,
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123

Offline joyofdogs

• Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »
((((Mojo)))  I cherish all the memories in chat and when you visited us with Cali & Jay.  Your delight and willingness to share was a shining light for us all.  You will be missed and you remembered by so many with love.  Fly free with the eagles, my friend.  Love Joy  :heart
'Material things can't make the soul whole;
only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that.' ~ moi

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »
wooohoooo!

Offline peppy7

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
Dear Mojo, rest in peace with the angels and know you were loved by many here on earth  :heart

Offline madrona

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:52:24 AM »
Mojo - you will always live in my memory.  It was such a privilege to have shared a few days with you last year, and almost daily in here or chat room.

Mojo ~ Embracing sunset.  Hornby in far background

Was it serendipity – a happy accident – that we each discovered an eagle nest on Hornby Island?  There, through observing the interaction, caring and devotion of an eagle pair (Mom and Dad Hornby) we were also brought close to people who came into our lives for a reason. 

Mojo’s delight was infectious, and her caring, empathetic nature drew people to her.  I was happy to have “known” her in Our Nature Zone forum and the Hornby chat room, and felt privileged to have her stay in my home on Vancouver Island for a few days before and after her visit to Hornby in July 2012, when I witnessed first hand the joy that shines through so clearly in the few photos I managed to get HERE.

You came into my life for only a short time, Mojo, but you have left a lasting impression and have helped me see things I might otherwise have taken for granted, through appreciative eyes.  I am still having difficulty linking what was (those almost daily forum and chat room visits with you) through the current sad space I am in, to acceptance.  But I do know that you were such an inspiration to many – and that you were indeed in my life, and the lives of many others, for a reason.
   :heart
   Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to
      rather than what we are separate from. - Terry Tempest Williams

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Mojo, you will be missed, but remembered by many.

Be at peace, and soar with the eagles you loved so much.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rRea9qnjK4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rRea9qnjK4</a>

'On Eagle Wings' - sung by Josh Groban
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »
MoJo-  such a sweet lady,  you always would ask how my dogs were doing and tell me stories of your sweet dog that you had.  Mine reminded you of yours and we always talked about how you would love to meet my Teddy.  I always enjoyed the tales you told about your Solomon and cat,  and how we loved to hear your beautiful voice in your choir.   You now can join your sweet Joseph and be with our sweet Phoenix who brought so many of us together.    Love You Always  MoJo :heart
A smile is the universal welcome- Max Eastman

Offline Lifegard

Tribute to Mojo
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »

Dearest Mojo was here from the very beginning and taught as well as united us all via the Hornby cam and chat.  I humbly pray that her family will take comfort in the great love and respect we all had for her, here at the Hornby Island eagle camera website.  What a kind and patient person she was, educating and befriending each chatter, who asked her the same questions the others had asked her before.  We're all united here now, celebrating Mojo's memory and giving thanks for the important and loving role she played in all our lives, educating us in all things eagle, and in respecting one another online.  Her great knowledge, guidance, and kindness will live on in each of us who have enjoyed her, right here in our living rooms and offices, as we gazed at the wonder of the Hornby eagles, and chatted and gotten to know one another, by the glow of our computer screens.

Much gratitude and love,

Sandy Pack, aka  Lifegard    :heart

Offline boodle317

• HEGPS
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
Mojo   :heart

You and I came to Hornby within a week of each other during Phoenix' hatch.  I remember clearly finding you a warm presence in chat...eager to learn from AJL, as was I.  We learned more than we hoped for that year dear Mojo... Sharing the loss of Phoenix seemed to bond everyone even closer in chat.  

When HEGPS invited you to join the group, Nancy made an announcement in chat and we had the MOST fun ever shooting eagle questions at you like tennis balls (as if you would know every answer)!  You loved that day...and we were all thrilled for your addition to the group.  Over the years, you have been a cherished member of the group.  As more of us joined, you were so welcoming and supportive in helping us learn the ropes.

I will miss you very much Mojo. Rest in Peace, dear friend.

Offline mamalion

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
My heartfelt condolences to Mojo's family, Hornby Nest and everyone who was touched by her. Soar high with the eagles you loved Mojo. You will always be in my heart   :heart

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
Mojo-you were a shining light in the chatroom. Even though we lived so close to each other, I never had the priviledge to meet you. I wish I had. You will be missed forever, and thought of every day. Dave-my heart goes out to you and your family. Find peace in the memories that you all have of your Maureen. Godspeed.

Martha Lewis (Dizzymom)

Offline Sunny

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »
Mojo
You taught me so much about Eagles....words like thank you seem so Shallow....Living With Eagles through your eyes was so enlightening...You are Flying/Soaring with them now....my friend. You will be missed by all who knew you in person and via chat....Rest in Peace. Thoughts and prayers flowing for your family.....In my heart and mind forever.....
Love :heart
Sunny/Prideenjoy

Offline Lucia

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »

Mojo, you will be always in our memories, saved in our hearts, forever.  Mom and Dad, our loves, who joined us as friends forever, are looking for you dear friend, beautiful star in the sky. R.I.P.
The human spirit needs places where nature has not beeing rearranged by the hand of man.

Offline Sandor3

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
A few months ago, Mojo helped with and bailed me out with a posting problem with gentle humour and kindness.  To Mojo's family...you are in our thoughts at this difficult time.

Sandor3/Sandy
"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."    ~Frederick Koenig

"We aren't the only ones that live on the planet, but we act like it."  ~ Jane Goodall