Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 39513 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Welcome
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »
Luvsthisboy, do you mean that you want to chat with us in the Hornby Eagles nest chat room?  Just go there, register and then sign in to the chat room.  If you need more help, please let us know here.  Good luck!

The stick you mentioned is called "Woody" by folks in the chat room and is now resting against the nest bowl floor...thank goodness.  It was a little hard to see around Woody.   :eclol   The close-up cam hasn't changed position...and the wide-angle cam isn't working right now. When it rains there, sometimes water gets into a splice on the cable that carries the streaming video.  We're hoping for some sunny days soon to dry it out.    :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline kathleenisabella

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 03:08:26 AM »
Hello - I'm new here - heard about this Forum when I visited the eagles on a recent trip to Hornby.  Sending this to see if I have figured out how to post - or not  :ecsmile

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 08:00:23 AM »

Greetings Kathleen!
You have arrived!!   :biggrin6
wooohoooo!

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
kathleenisabella

Welcome to Our Nature Zone!  Please explore the various threads and make responding posts wherever you wish.
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
Yay Kathleenisabella! Welcome!  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline sulang

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
Welcome to Our Nature Zone, we are so pleased to have you join us. 

This area of the forum is for the members to chat and relax and enjoy.  We also would like to invite you to visit our website at www.hornbyeagles.com (or just click the website button located in the tool bar above). 

Feel free to create new threads (topics) in this area which you feel will be of interest to members. 

Our rules here are very short and simple and can be found by clicking the "rules" button in the tool bar above.

Again, welcome - and we hope you enjoy exploring and learning more about nature and wildlife with us.

Offline NJudy

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
Is this the right place to find out more info. about Phoenix death?  I read the recent post of the cause of death.  I was just wondering if more reports will come out?  It would be nice to find out more if they know.  Is anyone aware if more info. will be posted?  I check daily to for more news.

Thank you,
Judy

Offline Thumper66

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
Judy, the final information on Phoenix has not been posted yet.  When it is, Ajl will post it to the link below.  May I suggest that you save this link as a favorite, so that you can check it out at any time to see if any updates have been made?  Have a wonderful day!  :ecsmile

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=355.0

Offline NJudy

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
Thumper 66, thanks so much for the prompt reply.  I have already bookmark the site.  I just wasn't sure I had the right place.  I will be checking back, hopefully chatting with you.

Offline winddancer

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
I hope I am in the right place. New today and so happy to be here.
When we updated our system about 2 months ago,I was able to get the Hornby
Island Cam.I saw the last month of dear Phoe's life and it was with great saddness
that this beautiful majestic creature passed.I adore Eagles and watch all Cams that
I can. I live in Florida and we have a pair of Eagles in our park that I have been
watching for 5 years.WE lost our eaglet too in May,she fell out of the nest,suffered
head injury,vet couldn't save her.

Thank you for letting me a part of this wonderful forum.Looking forward to
Ma & Pa Hornby returning in Oct to start a new family

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
Welcome, Winddancer.  :ecsmile

You are surely in the right place!  Enjoy exploring the forum.  There are many wonderful threads and there is still a lot going on with the other Hornby Island eagles' nests to read about!

It is wonderful that you have eagles nearby to observe in person.  I am so sorry though, that your nest had such a sad loss.  :sad  Nature is surely wonderful, but as we all have been reminded, can be hard to witness at times.

Glad you joined us.
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »
Welcome to Our Nature Zone, winddancer.  I am sorry about your eaglet's mishap.   :eccry  Nature teaches us that life does go on and we are looking forward to Mom and Dad Hornby's return to the nest in early October. 

Offline winddancer

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:40 AM »
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.I look forward to exploring the site.
Ma & Pa Hornby truly regal.Hope Decker is doing better,poor baby sure look like he
been thru the mill.So happy there are those who care so much about Eagles and
all wildlife.Its so important to take care for future generations.

I did ask the rehab who came for our eaglet what happened to her remains,he
said she was sent to Colo.to the Native Indians.At least that was of some comfort.

Have a wonderful day,off for my daily walk before the sun comes up,its hot and
humid here of course,typical Fl weather.

Offline geepers

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 02:15:52 AM »
hi everyone, trying to learn to post. just want to say Hi and that its a real shame someone is crashing our chatrooms. Wondering if anyone trying to catch him or if that is even possible??
Miss everyone and praying that our chatrooms will be restored very quickly, Hugsss, Geepers 

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »
Welcome Geepers - nice to see you posting here.