Author Topic: Eagles in Other Places  (Read 159984 times)

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
    • my flickr photos
Re: Bald Eagles in Other Places
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 06:25:02 AM »

Yay luv, those are great!
Thanks for showing them to us!
wooohoooo!

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »
A couple of clickable photos of the eagle I saw from our RV site on the Saanich peninsula.

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 01:27:41 AM »
After we spent our time on Hornby, we spent a couple of nights in Parksville on Vancouver Island.  Madrona was kind enough to show us (and only an egg) the nest near the Parksville Visitor Center.  The nest was quite visible, yet it was hard to get good photos.  But, oh so exciting to see the nest so up close and personal.  This is the nest where Madrona saw the fledged eaglet.  :ecsmile  There were three eaglets.

The nest photos in these were taken by mr. ltb.  I could not seem to focus, maybe I was too excited meeting Madrona and Only! :biggrin6

photos are clickable

more photos to come, need to  :offtobed now.

Parksville area nest with eaglets! aka The Three Amigos.

Nice shot of the juvvies, mr. ltb

More of the Parksville nest

Nice nest in Parksville. Eaglet shows us the "pooching" area.

Online madrona

• HEGPS
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 08:27:29 AM »
Thanks for posting these photos, luvthebirds.  It is an amazingly accessible nest, but as you said, because of the closeness, hard to capture the eaglets within it.  At the time you took your great photos we thought there were two eaglets and that the third was actually an adult feeding them.  I now believe that your first two photos show the three eaglets that were in this nest.  Pretty unique and a great capture by Mr. LTB! :nod2

Here is the link (CLICK) to my photos of the first eaglet fledging, on July 7th, posted in "Your Photos & Stories" - also to earlier photos of this nest taken by orovalaz a month earlier. 
   Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to
      rather than what we are separate from. - Terry Tempest Williams

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
Hi, Madrona.  So glad you got to see the first eaglet fledge.  :eclove  I love the picture of the eaglet sitting in the tree taking it all in. (your #4)  Pretty eaglet and nice light.  I really love the tree in which this nest is located.  There is just something about it.  :heart

Some more shots from our visit to the nest on June 19, 2010.
photos are all clickable

This may not be a great view of the eaglet (a little bum showing), but I love the look of this nest among the green leaves and tree trunk/branches.

aha, there is one of the young'uns

closer view, Parksville nest

Still with the Parksville nest

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
I guess these might be what could be called "headless shots"  :eclol, but I find the colors and the feathering on the eaglet interesting nonetheless.

clickable photos

and there s/he is

aha, there is one again

top area of nest, eaglet partially visible

eaglet in Parksville nest, feathers are interesting 

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Last of the photos from the June 19, 2010 afternoon visit to the Parksville nest.  With a final shot of the famed Headless Eaglet Series of mr. ltb.  :ecwink
Thanks again to Madrona for sharing the nest with us.

photos all clickable

Parksville nest tree detail

Juvvies in the Parksville nest play peekaboo with mr. ltb

Juvenile on the Parksville nest ... lets us see its tailfeathers....

long range view of the Parksville nest

last shot of the Parksville nest  (with a bit of an eaglet's back showing)

Offline orovalaz

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
I hate to throw water on The Three Amigos, but the center one has a white tail.  Therefore, it is a parent.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »
Luv, your eagle photos from Saanichtown and Parksville are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.  You and Mr. ltb (and Blackie) certainly lucked out on the weather.  i do see the occasional eagle near where I live. There is a golf course with two or three nests on the property, next to water.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Love4eagles

Bald Eagles in Other Places
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Thanks to Dan the tree climber.

While he is an experienced climber, he risked his life in recovering our beloved Phoenix.  It would have been terrible for use to have to see her body lay there for any longer.

I cannot imagine having to do that task.  Dan I want to thank you and everyone's great love for Phoenix.  

Eagles are sooo special in my heart.  It is amazing to watch these majestic birds.  

In fact I have always loved them, but what even brought my heart closer to them happened in the early 90's.  My husband and I were told we would never have children.  We married in 1990.  Like I said before, eagles in the early 90's were a very rare sight.  I was sitting outside and I asked God for a sign that I would have kids.  I looked up and seen two Bald Eagles circling above me.  My first daughter was born in 96 and second daughter in 99.  Now you can understand my passion for these beautiful birds.  God knew what I loved and showed it to me.  What a wonderful answer.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:00:00 AM by BBE »

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
Cheryl, thank you for sharing that story with us.  I'm so happy for you and your family.   :eclove
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:00:18 AM by BBE »
Jean, California

Offline Love4eagles

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
You are welcome Beans!

That was a great answer for relief.  He knew I loved Eagles and that did give me instant peace.

We have so many Eagles now between October-May for nesting season our city holds an annual Eagle Expo.  I was so fortunate to be shoulder to shoulder with America.  He is an injured Bald Eagle who is cared for through the American Eagle Foundation, Dollywood, TN.  I posted the pic days ago in the main forum.  What a dream come true to be soo close.

I live near the gulf coast in Louisiana.   My family and I are fortunate to live by the river with many Bald Eagle nest I can watch during the nesting.  My avatar is a pic of a female Eagle I call "mine", lol!  This was taken right across from me and this is her favorite tree to observe.  The Eagles love our huge Cypress trees here to nest.  

What blows my mine is how they always find their nest every year without a GPS, lol!

Thanks to all of you for your dedication and love for Eagles.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:00:35 AM by BBE »

Offline abbymom

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
Thank you booni for the videos of Dan, and Mom and Dad Hornby.  I can't wait to see the one where Dan swings from tree to tree.

Thank you to everyone involved in initiating a rescue of Phoenix.  Thank you to Dan for taking on the huge task of getting way up there.  I am afraid of heights  :scared so I truly admire him!  I am glad that Phoenix was brought down so quickly.  I never imagined that she would end up in my city of Abbotsford, where the lab is located.  

Cheryl, that is a wonderful story!   :heart  My first eagle encounter was in 1996, 2 days before Christmas, when I opened my front door to get the newspaper and was shocked to see an eagle flying overhead.  I live in an urban area and the ground was covered in snow.  That same morning I had found out I was pregnant for the 3rd time!  I was unsure about having a 3rd child, but I felt that seeing the bald eagle was a sign that it was meant to be and all would be well.  I, too, married in 1990.  That child turned out to be the easiest one to raise and most like me!

Liisa  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:00:55 AM by BBE »

Offline Love4eagles

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 03:54:13 PM »
abbymom

Yes I do believe God gave you comfort.  I hated to bring in the religious part.  I have not attended a church service in years but always had a relationship with God at home.  I believe that is good enough.  I am glad everything turned great with your third child.  See I do believe the eagles gave you comfort.  I have never read the bible except bits and pieces, but have been told from my sign by people who have, it is mentioned (Eagles) in the Bible.  Also googled it and it is true.

Yes Dan, the tree climber, did a great job.  Cannot wait to see the tree to tree video too.  I cannot imagine the work this man had to do to get there.  I would not have made it 20 feet much less 100.  That is very high.  Bless his heart for his work, WOW!

Cheryl

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:01:12 AM by BBE »

Offline abbymom

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
Love4eagles:

Thank you for your reply!  I have the same experience with God as you do.  Thank you for sharing that.  

Where would I find the picture of "America"?  You are so fortunate to be able to see eagles nearby!!

Hey, one more post and we're even - LOL!

Liisa  :ecsmile

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:01:28 AM by BBE »